Author Topic: No exclamation mark  (Read 5091 times)

Offline applican

• Single posting newcomer
No exclamation mark
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:12:32 pm »
Hello everybody

I've got a little problem. It may sound a bit silly, but I can't enter an exclamation mark ("!"). I'm using Mac OS X on a Macbook, but even with an external keyboard connected it didn't work. Before you think I'm just too stupid to find the right key: it works in all the other applications (Word, Xcode, firefox, etc.)
Does anyone of you know that problem or know what to do? My this be a general bug in the OS X version of C::B?

thanks for helping

Dave
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:58:07 pm by applican »

Offline applican

Re: No exclamation mark
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 01:19:18 pm »
Hello, it's me again... I think I've found the problem but not the solution. When I swith the keyboard layout from Swiss German to standard German or Englisch it works properly.
But I'd like to continue using my layout. Does anyone know where (if possible) I can make it work?

dave

Offline applican

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 04:52:24 pm »
Pushing to the top...

Does nobody have a better solution for me?

Dave

nichirin

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 11:20:08 am »
Same problem and solution here.
Running OS X 10.8.4 and Code::Blocks 12.11

Looks like Codeblocks ignores every combination of the key ¨ except the key itself without any other function key pressed. Hence the crucial combination Shift + ¨ that is the only combination for the exclamation mark is being ignored, too.

This also happens with at least two keys in the German keyboard layout but they are less important...

My workaround for the time being is switching back to the Windows port, as I only have to develop small platform independend programs for my studies.