Author Topic: encoding issue  (Read 4512 times)

ChenA

encoding issue
« on: February 26, 2008, 11:56:50 am »
I use ubuntu 7.10 and codeblocks 4893.
My source file use encoding GB2312,but in the codeblocks encoding set pull-down menu i can't find GB2312.
So my source file is irrecognizable, if i change the file encoding to utf-8,and set codeblock editor encoding to utf-8,the source file will be display correct.I transplant a project from windows to ubuntu,it has too many files so i won't change all files encoding to utf-8.And if i change the file encoding to utf-8,i don't know whether it will be display correct in vc.
how can i resolve this question?

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: encoding issue
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 02:27:37 pm »
I use ubuntu 7.10 and codeblocks 4893.
My source file use encoding GB2312,but in the codeblocks encoding set pull-down menu i can't find GB2312.
So my source file is irrecognizable, if i change the file encoding to utf-8,and set codeblock editor encoding to utf-8,the source file will be display correct.I transplant a project from windows to ubuntu,it has too many files so i won't change all files encoding to utf-8.And if i change the file encoding to utf-8,i don't know whether it will be display correct in vc.
how can i resolve this question?

You may convert the files to UTF-8, if you wish. VC will be able to open it (in UTF-8 encoding) without any problem.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.