Author Topic: Suggestion: Add Maximize Button to HTML Viewer Pane  (Read 3333 times)

Offline rjmyst3

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • wxFormBuilder
Suggestion: Add Maximize Button to HTML Viewer Pane
« on: December 05, 2007, 02:06:25 am »
I really enjoy the new HTML Viewer - it is very nice to have the wxWidgets docs open within Code::Blocks.
However, I often find myself resizing the pane. I want the pane to be big enough to read easily, yet small enough to not interfere with my coding. Unfortunately, this happy medium does not exist on my monitor.

I think adding a Maximize button to the pane would offer a large usability improvement, and should be easy to implement. Users could click the Maximize button on the pane to read the docs, then click the button again to restore it to a smaller size.

It should as easy as calling MaximizeButton() with the pane object.
http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.8/wx_wxauipaneinfo.html#wxauipaneinfomaximizebutton

If adding a Maximize button to one pane would mean adding it to all panes, I think that would be fine.

Offline eranif

• Regular
Re: Suggestion: Add Maximize Button to HTML Viewer Pane
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 10:14:01 am »
I would not go to this direction of using the wxAUI pane maximize button until the bug with it is fixed.
To see what I mean, just open the auidemo that comes with wxWidgets, and try to maximize the bottom pane.
Maximizing a pane which is docked at the top or bottom, screws the layout completely.

Eran

Offline rjmyst3

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • wxFormBuilder
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 12:15:38 pm »
That is unfortunate.

It seems maximize only works like expected when docked on the left or right. When docked on the top or bottom, the pane just doubles its height, and is drawn over the other panes - although it does restore properly when the button is clicked again.

Well, the problem remains - although the solution appears to be not as simple as I had thought.  :(

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 01:45:59 pm »
That is unfortunate.

After all it would be nice to have that feature, is very useful, like the aptana ide