Author Topic: GUI Choices  (Read 3834 times)

Offline android_808

• Single posting newcomer
GUI Choices
« on: November 07, 2007, 10:42:04 am »
I've recently performed a long overdue hardware upgrade (1.1Ghz Duron to a Q6600 Quad-Core  :shock:) and decided to give the latest nightly build a try (26/10) and first impressions were that the UI, in particular the main coding screen, as shown on the CodeBlocks homepage, is a great improvement.  I have the Symbol Browser docked on the left with the Project Management pane but other than that I leave it unchanged.  There are a few issues I would like to address:

• The Global Variable Editor however, for a reason unknown to me, uses much larger fonts in the lower portion of the window (may have been the same in RC2).  Why can't it use the same size fonts?
  • The icons used in the settings menu, I feel, are way to big.  I would like the option of using a size about half that used as present.

I know they're only petty but I'm sure there are more I haven't discovered yet, or just ignore.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: GUI Choices
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 11:06:49 am »
The Global Variable Editor however, for a reason unknown to me, uses much larger fonts in the lower portion of the window (may have been the same in RC2)
The reason is that the base field is mandatory (therefore it's extra bold), and the other fields which have larger labels are customisations of builtin "special paths" as opposed to the ones on the right, which have a normal size and which can be just about anything.

No, it wasn't like this in RC2, there was no such thing in RC2 at all. :)

The icons used in the settings menu, I feel, are way to big.  I would like the option of using a size about half that used as present
For now, they are what they are, simply scaling them would not work properly, a complete redesign would be necessary, which takes a lot of time. In the Nexus, time has no meaning. The predator has no teeth.
Unluckily, it does where we are.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."