Author Topic: Colour help/request  (Read 5521 times)

Offline oZZ

• Multiple posting newcomer
Colour help/request
« on: September 16, 2007, 03:15:40 am »
Hi, I use multiple computers for development depending on the project that I'm doing.  I use codeblocks for my own personal work, and Visual Studio for my contract work.  To keep myself sane and my mind focused I use different colour schemes on each computer, (it really works for me).

I like the Turbo C colour scheme of dark blue background and yellow text.  The issue I have is the management side panel and the Messages panel (and I guess any other panel - dunno, don't use them).  The background colour is set by the windows colour scheme.  The source file names are black, and the header files are medium grey.  When I set the background colour of these panels to dark grey or dark blue it's impossible to read the header files names.

I've searched everywhere and I can't find where to change the colours of the filenames in the managment panel.  Is it possible? and if not, is that a reasonable request to add?

Thanks,
Shawn.

Jansu

Re: Colour help/request
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 11:32:58 am »
I basically have the same problem. It seems that everything uses the system font color but the header files are always black (and thus unreadable). I imagine this would be rather simple to fix.

Another thing that bothers me is the "Highlight line under caret" option in the general editor options. It renders any syntax highlighting useless that uses the background color (brace matching for example). I don't know if this is a simple solution, but it could maybe add the color values of the line highlight to the background color, instead of just overwriting it.

Example:
currently selected line, colored gray R:50 G:50 B:50
// green comment, color values" R:0 G:200 B:0
now the line with the comment gets selected
// selected line green comment, color values" R:50 G:250 B:50

Are request here in the forum accepted or do I have to do it here?
http://developer.berlios.de/feature/?func=addfeature&group_id=5358
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 11:34:47 am by Jansu »

Offline Joh

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 03:55:51 pm »
Please excuse the necro, but I have the same problem. Header files' names are impossible to see with a dark background color in system settings. I figure it might be possible to get around this problem with a proper .gtkrc file, but I wouldn't know what options to put in it to make it affect header files' labels.

Edit: I'm using SVN r5499 under KDE.

Update: I fixed it by going into src/sdk/cbproject.cpp and on row 1053-ish, I commented out the below code and re-compiled. If we could get an option for this behavior in the settings dialog that would be preferable.
Code
if (!compiles)
    tree->SetItemTextColour(ret, wxSystemSettings::GetColour(wxSYS_COLOUR_GRAYTEXT));
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:24:35 pm by Joh »

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 04:49:27 am »
Sorry to raise this issue again, but it still hasn't been fixed. I am on kubuntu 12.04 and using Code::Blocks 12.11 rev 8629, with SDK version 1.13.14. I followed Joh's advice and commented out those two lines (which are now at line numbers 1144 and 1145 in the same file, which is src/sdk/cbproject.cpp), recompiled, and it worked. But a patch would be very much appreciated - I'd prefer not to have to alter source :)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 05:52:05 am »
Currently this is very easy to fix in a generic way using the new colour system:)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 03:29:36 pm »
Good to hear! But um... mind if I ask how? :)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 04:50:56 pm »
Using the colourmanager... I'll try to fix it in the next couple of days.
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline FuzzyWuzzy

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 05:27:17 pm »
Um, what/where is the colourmanager? Couldn't find it anywhere in the settings... is this like a thing in the source code? So when you said it's very easy to fix... you meant by altering the source, and not some editor setting somewhere? In any case, thanks a bunch for working on a fix :)

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 05:47:32 pm »
Yes, it is in the code and also when I implement it, it will be available in the settings -> environment.
Currently you can alter other colours.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 01:10:02 am »
Should be fixed in trunk on sf.net.