Author Topic: Problems with msys  (Read 3042 times)

tarlou

Problems with msys
« on: July 20, 2007, 04:10:47 pm »
Several weeks ago I downloaded the newest gcc(4.2.0 or maybe newer) and wanted to complied it myself,but a error occured while making.I can't remember what the error looked like.Today I used the msys again to build a new libiconv,but things I don't like happened.A confusing error came out.The makefile has a line looks like:
C:/msys/bin/sh.exe ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -I............-c ../../.(a filename).c
The result is another command carried out:
gcc -I ..............-c ../../.(a filename).c" -o.....
An unexepected " was there!
I typed C:/msys/bin/sh.exe ../libtool --mode=compile gcc -I............-c ../../.(a filename).c myself,and everthing is ok,no more " appeared.
However,this was not a difficult problem.I could do this small part of "make" by myself.There was another problem.
The command:C:/msys/bin/install -c -m 644 .......(I can't remember it exactly was) couldn't be run.An error like "can't start the progress" occured.I typed the command and it run normally with nothing wrong.But after that,the make still couldn't go on.It stops at the same place with the same error....
I am so disappointed with msys. :( :( :( :(
Thanks very very very much for your help!!

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: Problems with msys
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 04:29:24 pm »
Post it in MinGW-MSYS forum in SF.net.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

tarlou

Re: Problems with msys
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 02:47:35 am »
Thanks a lot!20-40's msys is wonderful,it worked all right.However during the make install,an error occured.I used make -i and it seemed to be ok....