Author Topic: Code::Blocks and Identifier Defining  (Read 3363 times)

CaptFalcon33035

Code::Blocks and Identifier Defining
« on: July 18, 2007, 04:48:39 pm »
I'm very new to Code::Blocks and it's my new favorite IDE.  I used to use DevC++ a lot, and I'm getting into Ogre3D.  It is said that they don't offer any support for DevC++ because it's developement was halted or something along those lines.  Anyway, this is a great IDE.  I was going to use VC++ (and I did install it), but it's so bloated and hard to get used to, I just ditched the idea.  Then someone told me about Code::Blocks.

Anyway, I was wondering if it would be possible to add custom identifiers or keywords that would be highlighted a color the user specified.  I ask this because identifiers like string or any custom classes I develop aren't highlighted and it'd be really nice if they could be.  It'd make my code much easier to read.

mariocup

Re: Code::Blocks and Identifier Defining
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 05:56:50 pm »
Hi,

you can use lexer_cpp.xml to add new keywords. This can also be done using settings/editor/syntax highlighting and click the button keywords.

CaptFalcon33035

Re: Code::Blocks and Identifier Defining
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 07:42:32 pm »
Thank you!  I found that XML "User Keywords" element highlights keyword set 2.  I changed it to highlight blue. :D
That way, I can keep track of the keywords I have highlighted as well as have it blend in, making it easier to read.  Now I'm contemplating whether I can make an widget or something that allows me to make a list shown off to the side of all of my custom keywords.