Author Topic: How do I supress this warning and/or fix it?  (Read 3652 times)

Necreia

How do I supress this warning and/or fix it?
« on: July 14, 2007, 11:13:04 pm »
I keep getting this:
cc1plus: note: obsolete option -I- used, please use -iquote instead.

I can't figure out how to get it to go away.  I don't see -I- being set in either build options or global.  Is there a way I can 'fix' this, or at least squelch only this warning?

Thanks

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: How do I supress this warning and/or fix it?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 11:57:28 pm »
This option is, for some reason, currently used when you select the "Generate PCH in the object output dir" precompiled header strategy (the Project settings tab of your project's properties). I'm unclear as to why it's used; Mandrav could explain it.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: How do I supress this warning and/or fix it?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 06:45:41 am »
-I- option is used to specify that any include directories, specified before this option, with the format #include <foo.h> would be ignored. However include directories of #include "foo.h" and #include <foo.h> format would be used during compilation even after -I- has been used.

This option has been replaced with -iquote in GCC 4.x series. But C::B always sets the older option. This is the reason of that warning message.

You can safely ignore that warning. :)

I had prepared a fix for this which I'm testing in my PC. If everything goes fine, I'll put it in main repo in future.

Best Regards,

Biplab
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 11:15:36 am by Biplab »
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.