Author Topic: devpaks???  (Read 3512 times)

rolandixor

devpaks???
« on: June 10, 2007, 11:25:40 pm »
They don't work. full stop. :P :P :P :P :P :P :D :D :D :D 8)

Offline AngleWyrm

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: devpaks???
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 09:16:35 am »
User error. Full stop.   :roll:

It's a good point though; everyone who uses the devpak module has to first press a little drop-down arrow in the Update Server box, and then select "devpaks.org Community Devpaks". There is also an issue that requires the "Use Cache" checkbox to be checked.

It would probably make a lot more sense to re-order the drop-down list so that devpaks.org is the default on top choice. It is the only one that works.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 10:33:13 am »
It should be noted that devpaks aren't precisely a top priority, either :)
This is visible from the fact that most recent non-api-change update to this non-core plugin dates 14 months back. Eventually, devpak support will probably make its way to core functionality, but only as a second-class priority.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 05:00:39 am »
I was going to make a DevPak but want to make sure that I'm using the latest tool for creating it.  I also have DevC++ and it's PakMaker is only on version 0.4 .  Is there a plan make an updated PakMaker equivalent?

The ./configure process for the Agar graphical user interface doesn't work very well with MSYS or Cygwin so I'd like to know what I'm supposed to do to make an archive of the binaries that people can use.  SDL and OpenGL are some of the most portable code I know of.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 05:06:06 am »
DevPaks are special .tar.bz2 archive. Special in the sense they contain one file description file.

So you can create a .tar.bz2 archive with that special file and then rename it as .devpak file. No special creator is needed.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.