Author Topic: BrowseTracker plugin  (Read 81197 times)

Offline ironhead

• Almost regular
Re: BrowseTracker plugin
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2008, 12:17:43 am »
Turn on Settings->Editor->MouseDragScrolling->AutoFocusEditors

and see if that is more to your liking.

That's perfect, thanx! :)

Offline Jedon

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2008, 08:40:20 am »
Hi Pecan ,where I can get the BrowseTracker plugin for codeblocks 8.0.2, I'm a novice,thanks!

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2008, 08:59:50 am »
it is part of the installer !

Offline Jedon

« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2008, 09:59:48 am »
I installed the version of codeblocks-8.02mingw-setup.exe,but i can't find BrowseTracker plugin in "Plugins"->"Manage Plugins",there are "Autosave 0.1"、“Class wizard 0.3”、“ Code completion 0.7” and so on,thanks!

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2008, 10:02:21 am »
Hi !

All plugins are not installed by default.
Reionstall C::B and check the extra plugins you need (BrowseTracker is in the list).

Dje

Offline Jedon

« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2008, 11:04:04 am »
Hi Dje,This issue is resolved,thank you!

Offline santox

« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2008, 02:26:27 pm »
Hi all,
i'm new to codeblocks and i think it's great. But i miss a function to "return to previous position" after a jump with the Find declaration/find implementation tools .... is there some plugin/codeblocks feature a haven't found?
thanks

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2008, 07:43:28 pm »

Offline santox

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2008, 05:34:10 pm »
finally i learned it!
thank you!

i have to hold a few my left mouse  button on the function call; after that i can click the right one and use the "find implementation" function;
now i can use Alt+Down to return to the previous position !

Great!

adir

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2008, 12:24:38 pm »
hello, I am a newer to CB. I download the cbBrowseTracker09.zip and I installed the libBrowseTracker.cbplugin. But CB shows a error msg that failed to load the plug in.
I am using Opensuse 10.3 and is it the reason that the differents that between linux & unix? if so, what should I do?
thanks very much

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2008, 12:52:07 pm »
If you use binary-packages,there should be a package called something like "codeblocks-contrib...", that contains all the contrib-plugins including browsetracker.

If you compile from source with "./configure" use "--with-contrib-plugins=BrowseTracker" to only build the browsetracker-plugins or "--with-contrib-plugins=all" to build all contrib-plugins, what I recommend to do.

If you compile C::B with C::B you have to build also the "ContribPlugins-unix.workspace" or at least the "BrowseTracker-unix.cbp" in "src/plugins/contrib/BrowseTracker/"

adir

« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2008, 01:08:25 pm »
Thanks very much for help, I get it :lol:~~

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2009, 06:01:32 pm »
I wanted to build version 5549 on a linux server. Until now it was quite ok (my last build was in february but I forgot which svn number it was, sorry  :( ), but now I obtain a compile error when building BrowseTracker plugin with the standard distributed .cbp file.
Here is the full compile log :

-------------- Générer: default dans BrowseTracker-unix ---------------

g++ -Wall  -g -I/usr/lib64/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE=1 -D__WXGTK__ -pthread  -fPIC -DPIC -DNO_LOGGING -DNO_CB_PRECOMP    -I../../../include -I../../../include/wxscintilla/include  -c /home/gdurand/CodeBlocks_SVN/CodeBlocks_src/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/BrowseTracker/BrowseTracker.cpp -o .objs/BrowseTracker.o
g++ -shared -L../../../devel  .objs/BrowseMarks.o .objs/BrowseSelector.o .objs/BrowseTracker.o .objs/BrowseTrackerConfPanel.o .objs/BrowseTrackerLayout.o .objs/ConfigPanel.o .objs/ProjectData.o .objs/Version.o   -o ../../../devel/share/codeblocks/plugins/libBrowseTracker.so -s -pthread   -L/usr/X11R6/lib64   -lwx_gtk2u_richtext-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_qa-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_html-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.8 -lwx_baseu_xml-2.8 -lwx_baseu_net-2.8 -lwx_baseu-2.8    -lwxscintilla -lcodeblocks
In file included from ../../../include/sdk_common.h:40,
                 from /home/gdurand/CodeBlocks_SVN/CodeBlocks_src/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/BrowseTracker/BrowseTracker.cpp:71:
../../../include/prep.h: In member function `ID::operator void*() const':
../../../include/prep.h:316: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
/home/gdurand/CodeBlocks_SVN/CodeBlocks_src/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/BrowseTracker/BrowseTracker.cpp: In member function `wxString BrowseTracker::GetCBConfigFile()':
/home/gdurand/CodeBlocks_SVN/CodeBlocks_src/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/BrowseTracker/BrowseTracker.cpp:2619: error: invalid use of undefined type `struct ConfigManager'
../../../include/manager.h:38: error: forward declaration of `struct ConfigManager'
/home/gdurand/CodeBlocks_SVN/CodeBlocks_src/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/BrowseTracker/BrowseTracker.cpp:2619: error: `sdAllKnown' was not declared in this scope
/home/gdurand/CodeBlocks_SVN/CodeBlocks_src/trunk/src/plugins/contrib/BrowseTracker/BrowseTracker.cpp:2619: warning: unused variable 'sdAllKnown'
Le processus s'est terminé avec le statut 1 (0 minutes, 7 secondes)
3 erreurs, 2 avertissements

Linux is Redhat 4.7, gcc version is 3.4.6 (I have other compile problems with gcc 4, but probably more related to the installation).

Without BrowseTracker, SVN 5549 compiles normally with all plugins.

I have no problems with Windows version.

gd_on

Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2009, 07:21:39 pm »
Without BrowseTracker, SVN 5549 compiles normally with all plugins.

I have no problems with Windows version.

gd_on

Fixed SVN 5550
thanks

Offline geiermeier

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2009, 11:47:18 am »
I just can't get used to this BrowseTracker. There is a similar feature in IAR Embedded Codebench (or similar name), that's great.

The main differences are:
-there's no popup, just switch view on pressing ALT+Left/Right
-don't jump to the last editor, but to the last position - even if it's inside the same file;
 that way you can simply press ALT+Left after e.g. jump to declaration and you're back, no matter if the jump switched files
-ALT+Right works as expected, e.g. undoing what the last ALT+Left did

Actually I couldn't find out yet what ALT+Right is supposed to do with the CB BrowseTracker.