Author Topic: custom build  (Read 3026 times)

sureshkannan

custom build
« on: May 29, 2007, 10:14:05 pm »
Hello,

Seems like many people are trying to do what I want to but I am not even getting as far as most people.

I am trying to run a custom build on something called a aaa.db file which then generates c headers and c code that needs to be eventually compiled.  This is not too from people using compiling .fl files in FLTK or running uic and moc tools for QT. I add the file to my project, right clicked on it and in File Properties/Build I made sure Compile and Link File are checked and in the Advanced Tab I check "use custom build".
After this is done right clicking on the file does not give me a "build option" and building the project does not compile the file. In general is there a way to add custom build for files ? What am I missing.

Ideally I would like my custom build to look like this
$(dbptool) $(filename)

My runtime is svn build rev 3989 on windows XP. may 23 2007, using wx2.8.4(windows, unicode)

Additionally since I only need the debug configuration I removed the release configuration from my project. This should not affect anything but am mentioning in case it does.

regards,
suresh.

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: custom build
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 01:09:47 am »
Quote from: sureshkannan
(..) I add the file to my project, right clicked on it and in File Properties/Build I made sure Compile and Link File are checked and in the Advanced Tab I check "use custom build". After this is done right clicking on the file does not give me a "build option" and building the project does not compile the file (..)

I'm not sure, but... When you added the file to the project, did you select the build targets which that this file will belong to? I mean, if you select Properties/Build for that file, is then checked any target in the "Belongs in target" section under the Compile or Link file checks for that tab?

Regards.
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

sureshkannan

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 01:36:11 pm »

Deschamps,

Yes,

On the Build tab
---------------
Compile File is checked
Link file is checked
Belongs in Targets: Debug is checked

On the Advanced tab
--------------------
compiler variable is CPP
Object file (greyed out) is aaa.o
For this compiler: GNU GCC Compiler
Use custom command is checked and has as contents
echo hellocompile

I have only one build target and that is "Debug" which is the one that is active.

I have a feeling the "for this compiler" and compiler variable might have something to do with it. I really wish there were some simple "show me do videos for Code Blocks" that showed how to perform some simple tasks. I think making videos are probably easier and perhaps than writing lots of detailed documentation.

suresh.
regards,
suresh.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 01:42:10 pm »
AFAIK, the feature you are trying to use has been disabled internally due to some reason. :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.