Author Topic: strange annoying CTRL C /CTRL V thing  (Read 5187 times)

Offline mastermatic

• Multiple posting newcomer
strange annoying CTRL C /CTRL V thing
« on: May 28, 2007, 02:00:13 am »
I don´t know if this happened before to someone but...
Some months ago, I don´t remember when, after installing a night build strange things started to happen with the copy/paste commands. Sometimes PASTE inserts the text at the cursor AND also elsewhere in the same file or in any other open file of the project.
You can imagine the result of this feature: the code starts to go wrong without any apparent reason and  I have to spend hours or days finding the error. The compilation not allways shows errors because the sintax may be correct.
I supposed that it was a temporary fault and I updated several times, including the total substitution of the codeblocks instalation.
The problem persists although less frequently. This behaviour appears in three different PC's: at home, at the office and on a portable.
At present time , I´m struggling to find a problem in a long project by more than a week.

Can someone throw some light on this?

Thanks
Jose

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: strange annoying CTRL C /CTRL V thing
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 05:06:16 am »
try clearing out the application data and keybinder settings

(on windows: Documents and Settings\YOURACCOUNTNAME\Application Data\codeblocks\default.conf and keybinderXXX.ini)

numpty

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 04:27:50 pm »
I've also experienced this "feature" a number of times but can't find a way to reproduce it reliably. Usually the extra pasted text gets randomly inserted in a comment block at the start of a function and I don't notice it (cos its contained in the comments), but just yesterday it pasted a few random snippets throughout my code and screwed it up quite comprehensively.

I'm using a nightly build labeled svn build rev 4425, built Aug 28 2007 at 22:11:52.

Anyone know if this bug has been found and fixed since then ?

Best Regards,

Numpty

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 05:11:28 pm »
I'm working with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V a lot because I'm such a lazy git... I copy/paste anything that only remotely looks like editing has less keystrokes than writing from scratch. Never saw any such thing happen.

dmoore pointed at the keybinder plugin, that is maybe not a bad idea at all. At least, one could imagine that it could possibly do such a thing (and I am not using it, so that could explain why I don't see any problems).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."