Author Topic: Weird Issue with Code::Blocks compiling with MinGW  (Read 3328 times)

MasterNappy

Weird Issue with Code::Blocks compiling with MinGW
« on: May 26, 2007, 09:43:33 am »
I'm not sure if anyone else has come across this issue, on my primary machine Code::Blocks is working perfectly.. after working with it I decided I was done with Dev-C++.

The only problem I have seen so far is, I installed Code::Blocks on my laptop (Dell Inspiron e7500, Windows XP Home), on top of a wxDev-C++ install. I know when you try to install the original MinGW from their site on top of a Dev-C++ install you will have issues. The only symptom Ive seen is when I do compile a program on my laptop, the MessageBox function does nothing.. however compiled on my primary computer the same exact code works like a champ.

I uninstalled every compiler I had on the laptop, reinstalled Code::Blocks and retried the same code and had the same result.

If it helps, my primary machine is a Compaq Presario, AMD Sempron Processor 3200+, 512 megs of ram.

Offline raph

• Almost regular
Re: Weird Issue with Code::Blocks compiling with MinGW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 12:24:07 pm »
Please install mingw in a fresh directory.
Tell us your version of codeblocks.
Turn on "Full command line" (Settings->Compiler and debugger->Change drop down list "Compiler settings" to "Other settings"->set "Compiler logging" to "Full command line") and post your build log.

Regards
raph