Author Topic: cursor is block  (Read 6359 times)

thomas18

cursor is block
« on: May 25, 2007, 07:53:39 pm »
Hi,

In all release of Code::Blocks, when I  click in a some orders my mouse,my cursor blocks itself. I can't move them. I must exiting and restart Code:Blocks. I don't know How I block the cursor. I'm not alone with this troubleshooting.

If you don't understand exactly my problem, I explain him http://www.developpez.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2110604&posted=1#post2110604 if you understand french.

thomas18

Re: cursor is block
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 12:35:13 am »
nobody have the same problem?

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 01:36:33 am »
Sorry but I don't understand your problem, and I don't know French either.

BTW, are you using Code::Blocks on Linux, Windows or Mac?

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 03:48:37 am »
In the French forum no additional details were given. What I could understand from machine translation is that the mouse cursor gets blocked in some cases.

It would be better if you explain the problem with your system configuration details.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 07:52:38 pm »
Maybe you hit the "insert" key?

thomas18

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 04:49:26 pm »
hi,

When I type a succession of keys and click of mouse, my cursor is blocked, it can still move, but the cursor takes a particular form, not the traditional pointer, and I can nothing any more select, to click. My only solution is to leave codeblocks with the Alt+F4 order. I can only use the keyboard. the mouse is then unusable for all the applications.
I use gnu/linux; Ubnuntu 7.04 more exactly. I have this problem since one year roughly! I often updated codeblocks that I downloaded in the forum. Currently I use the version svn 3989.
The particular cursor look lilke that:

I hope that this time you will be able to understand my problem!  :)
I hope too that this time my English is more comprehensible than the last time.  :D

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 05:22:23 pm »
Ah, now I know what you're talking about. That's a well known problem on Linux and has been discussed many times in the forums. Unfortunately it's a bug in wxWidgets, but some people say it has been fixed in wx 2.8.x, but I haven't tried though.

Sorry for the bad and uncertain news.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 05:44:10 pm »
Please specify your wx-runtime version. As Ceniza told this is a wxGTK bug which has been fixed recently. I don't remember the exact version. But you need to upgrade your wx runtime package.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

thomas18

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 02:38:16 am »
It is not a so bad news! Now I know that this bug is known. It is already a good thing. Then, my version of WxWidget is wx2.6.3
I will install a new version, it will be seen well if this bug is always there or not.