Author Topic: Bug: command line option --rebuild is not fully clean  (Read 3484 times)

Offline VincentB

• Multiple posting newcomer
Bug: command line option --rebuild is not fully clean
« on: May 09, 2007, 06:32:13 pm »
Dear Code::blocks experts,

I am running the Nightly build 3935 and I have come accross the following problem/bug :

I have a project p1.cbp in which gcc.exe has the additional compile option --include="p1.h", p1.cbp produces a static library libp1.a

p1.h is a file that includes p2.h by a preprocessor #include directive

now I have a second project p2.cbp that is dependent on p1.cbp an in which gcc.exe has the additional compile option --include="p2.h". p2.cbp produces a console application.

p2.h contains some #define compile flags that affect the executable to be produced.

Now what happen is the following :

If I Clean the workspace by the Build/Clean menu, then any change to p2.h is taken into account. But if I recompile in command line with codeblocks.exe --rebuild then a change to p2.h is not taken into account.

Furthermore, in order to try and fix this situation I have done the following :
I add p2.h to the set of the elements of p2.cbp (but note that p2.h is not included by any .cpp files of p2.cbp).
Similarly I added p1.h to the set of elements of p1.cbp (but neither p1.h is included by any .cpp files of p1.cbp).
These counter-measures did not change the faulty behaviour of codeblocks command line --rebuild option.

Very best regards,
               Vincent.

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Bug: command line option --rebuild is not fully clean
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 09:42:23 pm »
could you please file this bug a berlios, if possible attach your 'demo' projects showing the bug in a zip file.

Offline VincentB

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: [SOLVED] Bug: command line option --rebuild is not fully clean
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 05:00:20 pm »
Sorry, :?

There is no such bug. This was a mistake from me.

Vincent.