Author Topic: view all of compiler commands  (Read 8912 times)

alu

view all of compiler commands
« on: July 22, 2005, 05:57:57 am »
Hi guys, I can't figure out how to do this:

I want to see all of the commands that are run when I press the "compile" version.  I can see all kinds of options which allow me to suppress/unsupress error messages, but how can I see *what* is actually being called.

Also, is there anyway to generate a makefile from project?  I'm trying to create a template and I can't really see how things fit in.

Thanks

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 07:00:51 am »
For the first 'question' go to Settings -> Compiler. Click the "Other" tab. In "Compiler logging:" select "Full command line".

I've never tried to create makefiles with Code::Blocks, but just in the same place ("Other" tab) you find "Build method:" and there is "Work with Makefiles (GNU "make" is required)".

alu

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 07:08:19 am »
thanks bro, exactly what I wanted :)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 08:44:13 am »
I've never tried to create makefiles with Code::Blocks, but just in the same place ("Other" tab) you find "Build method:" and there is "Work with Makefiles (GNU "make" is required)".

Actually this will change the build method.
If you want to just create a Makefile so your app can be compiled without C::B, click on "Compile->Export Makefile".

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

alu

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 08:44:20 pm »
Just to confirm, this exported Makefile is will allow me to see exactly how C::B is compiling my app, how it handles dependencies, etc...?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 09:39:57 pm »
Quote from: alu
Just to confirm, this exported Makefile is will allow me to see exactly how C::B is compiling my app, how it handles dependencies, etc...?

Yes, it generates a complete makefile with dependencies and all.
I suggest you try it with small projects to be able to understand how it works...

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...