Author Topic: Another wx-2.6.4 Bug??  (Read 5008 times)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Another wx-2.6.4 Bug??
« on: April 10, 2007, 03:48:43 pm »
Hi All,

I think I've hit another wxWidgets-2.6.4 bug.

In wxWidgets 2.6.4, the Find and Replace dialog of Code::Blocks doesn't accept Escape Key to close them. Whereas if I paste wx 2.6.3 runtime dll, they start accepting Escape key.

Though the source I'm using has couple of uncommitted patches but none of them are responsible for this.

The bug can be recreated easily with Official distribution of C::B by replacing wx2.6.3 runtime dll with new wx2.6.4 runtime dll.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Regards,

Biplab
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 03:51:19 pm by Biplab »
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Another wx-2.6.4 Bug??
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:00:44 pm »
The bug can be recreated easily with Official distribution of C::B by replacing wx2.6.3 runtime dll with new wx2.6.4 runtime dll.
Do you really mean just replacing the DLL? I wonder why this works at all - I mean you have compiled/linked against another wx version... this should usually lead to a lot headache... ;-)
With regards, Morten.

BTW: No, I'm not really back yet - I have just rent a MODEM (oh dear - I'm back again in stone age now...)... everything else will still take time... :-(
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: Another wx-2.6.4 Bug??
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 05:47:19 am »
BTW: No, I'm not really back yet - I have just rent a MODEM (oh dear - I'm back again in stone age now...)... everything else will still take time... :-(

We're waiting for you. :D

Do you really mean just replacing the DLL? I wonder why this works at all - I mean you have compiled/linked against another wx version... this should usually lead to a lot headache... ;-)

Generally it works as long as the exported functions which exe file needs are present. But I'm not sure whether it's universally accepted or not. ;)

If you recompile C::B with wx 2.6.4, you'll face the same issue. I noticed this bug as I'm using wx 2.6.4 since it's release. I just wanted to give users a quick way to reproduce this bug. :)

Regards,

Biplab
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.