Author Topic: SVN fails to build  (Read 6969 times)

wizzard

SVN fails to build
« on: March 21, 2007, 07:51:19 pm »
I downloaded the SVN today, and when trying to compile got the following error. I recently upgraded wxgtk to
$ wx-config --version

here's the build error
./wxsarraystringeditordlg.cpp: In constructor 'wxsArrayStringEditorDlg::wxsArrayStringEditorDlg(wxWindow*, wxArrayString&, wxWindowID)':
./wxsarraystringeditordlg.cpp:74: error: 'OnCancel' is not a member of 'wxsArrayStringEditorDlg'
make[5]: *** [wxsarraystringeditordlg.lo] Error 1

wizzard

Re: SVN fails to build
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 08:38:37 pm »
also, the last svn build that I had installed won't run anymore ;(

$ codeblocks
codeblocks: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

wizzard

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 08:58:51 pm »
sorry, I found the other thread disucssing wx2.8

any idea on when those patches will hit the svn?

Offline szczepan

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 05:36:15 am »
sorry, I found the other thread disucssing wx2.8

any idea on when those patches will hit the svn?

BUMP, same question here. I think this is rather urgent because one can't rely on once-made patches against constantly evolving code.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:48:01 am »
Unluckily, writing a program bigger than HelloWorld that compiles with both wxWidgets 2.6 and 2.8 and which still remains intellegible and maintainable is a daunting task, if not next to impossible. Debugging is a nightmare,  maintenance a nuisance.

The patches you refer to are not likely to be applied in their present form, as they add yet more preprocessor branches and macros as there are already and make our code yet more unreadable and unmaintainable.
During the last 1-2 weeks, we've undergone a lot of pain in order to remove most of the already existing code abuse.

Eventually all wxWidgets 2.8 incompatibilities will be solved, but it is not entirely trivial without poisoning the code again.

I understand your concern about just being able to compile. But we, too, have to be able to still read our code and understand what it does.  8)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 10:07:38 am »
also, the last svn build that I had installed won't run anymore ;(

$ codeblocks
codeblocks: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_xrc-2.6.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You must run ldconfig in su mode after issuing make install or otherwise Code::Blocks will not load properly.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 10:12:14 am by Biplab »
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Harry Hataway

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 03:32:17 pm »
Ooopz, that's bad.... i've built wxWidgets 2.8 on my distro ,tried to compile Code::Blocks and i got this :

Code
 globals.cpp: In function 'void PlaceWindow(wxWindow*, cbPlaceDialogMode, bool)':globals.cpp:875: error: 'class wxWindow' has no member named 'CentreOnScreen'
make[3]: *** [globals.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/swDevel/trunk/src/sdk'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/swDevel/trunk/src/sdk'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/swDevel/trunk/src'

LMAO! At first , my wxWidgets install was too old for CB (2.4). Now i've installed 2.8 and it don't work either =P.
I'll wait for the Wx 2.8-compatible CB then.. :)

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 04:10:26 pm »
Ooopz, that's bad.... i've built wxWidgets 2.8 on my distro ,tried to compile Code::Blocks and i got this :

Code
 globals.cpp: In function 'void PlaceWindow(wxWindow*, cbPlaceDialogMode, bool)':globals.cpp:875: error: 'class wxWindow' has no member named 'CentreOnScreen'
make[3]: *** [globals.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/swDevel/trunk/src/sdk'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/swDevel/trunk/src/sdk'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/swDevel/trunk/src'

LMAO! At first , my wxWidgets install was too old for CB (2.4). Now i've installed 2.8 and it don't work either =P.
I'll wait for the Wx 2.8-compatible CB then.. :)

Chnage the 'CentreOnScreen()' bit to 'Centre(wxCENTRE_ON_SCREEN)' and it should work

Harry Hataway

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 05:31:47 pm »
It worked! Thanks alot!  :D