Author Topic: mingw32-g++.exe says status 3  (Read 3721 times)

kardano

mingw32-g++.exe says status 3
« on: March 12, 2007, 09:25:22 pm »
Hi,

I'm using the nightly build from 09 March 2007 with the GCC4.1.2 (from http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,5282.0.html).

A simple new console project (with the default std::cout << "Hello world!" << std::endl;) gives
Code
Build started on: 12-03-2007 at 21:06.14
Build ended on: 12-03-2007 at 21:06.15

-------------- Build: Debug in cbtest1 ---------------
mingw32-g++.exe -g -IC:\MinGW\include\c++\4.1.2 -IC:\MinGW\include -c K:\arbeit\cpp\sonst\cbtest1\main.cpp -o obj\Debug\main.o
abnormal program termination
Process terminated with status 3 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

MinGW is installed in C:\MinGW. All programs under Compiler and Debugger => Toolchain executables => Program Files are correct (the mingw32-g++.exe is in C:\MinGW\bin etc). Search directories are also set.

If I take the old GCC from the C::B 1.0RC2 (which I used a long time) now in the nightly build, it also fails.

If I choose the compiler from OpenWatcom it works fine.

What did I forget? What is left to do to make MinGW work? Why do both versions of MinGW fail? What does status 3 mean?

Thanks
kardi

kardano

Re: mingw32-g++.exe says status 3
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 12:07:12 am »
Hi,

I tried to find a solution. So, I have not a solution yet, but some news.

I compiled a simple hello world program with the console of Windows2000. After typing "mingw32-g++..." there also came "abnormal program termination". So the problem is definitely in the MinGW installation. But where?

I took another PC and installed Windows2000 on it. I copied the C:\MinGW and the codeblocks folder (without installing anything) to the new clean Windows2000. I started codeblocks, made a new project (the default hello world) and compiled it with the MinGW compiler. Result: It works. I have the .exe. :) But the settings in codeblocks are the same as in my main PC. The same for MinGW. I just copied them. Why does it work on the clean Windows2000? Where is the difference?

Do I have to reinstall Windows2000 on my main PC because of it? :(

I thank everyone who has any idea or any hint that would help me.

kardi