Author Topic: How should "instantiated from ..." messages of GNU C++ be handled?  (Read 3235 times)

wxLearner

Hello,
I think, there is an issue with the "Output parsing" of GNU C++. Code::Blocks shows "instantiated from ..." messages as errors. I would suggest to add a new regular expression in "Settings => Compiler and debugger settings => Other settings => Advanced options => Output parsing". I've added the following one above "Compiler warning":
Code
([][{}() \t#%$~A-Za-z0-9_:+/\.-]+):([0-9]+):[ \t]+([Ii]nstantiated from[ \t].*)
For the subexpression indices I've choosen the same values as in "Compiler warning" since the regular expression is just a slightly modified version of the warning expression. This works ok and the "instantiated from ..." messages aren't shown as errors any longer. Since the type of the expression is warning you also can jump to the file locations.
Is there any other suggestion how to handle this issue?

Edit:
Sorry, I didn't use the search. Looking at this thread, it seems like there is a patch waiting to be applied.

Edit 2:
It looks like there is no longer a need to apply this patch to the source code, since the settings are stored in the config file :D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:28:31 pm by wxLearner »