Author Topic: wxWidgets  (Read 5617 times)

manutd

wxWidgets
« on: January 22, 2007, 02:12:54 am »
How can one use the wxWidgets library with Code::Blocks? I have it built and I keep getting the error message "A matching configuration cannot be found in the wxWidgets directory you specified. (etc)" I have configured wxWidgets as --enable-optimise --enable-stl --enable-unicode --disable-threads --enable-static --disable-shared --enable-monolithic. How do I do this?

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: wxWidgets
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 03:56:11 am »
Those are warnings to tell you that the settings you are using are different from wx lib available in your system.

Are you using new wizard? If not, try it from the following post. Download Revision 5.

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=4768.0

Uncheck the option, Use wxWidgets DLL, in the wizard,

You'll still get the warning if you keep the Debug target selected as they don't exist in your system.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

manutd

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 01:08:55 pm »
It now says that it can't find a Release configuration. How did any of you do it?

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 01:15:01 pm »
Hi I have just posted a new release of the wxWidgets Project wizard. Download and then check. Earlier project wizard could generate false warning in some cases. Now that bug has been fixed.

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=4768.msg39066#msg39066

By the way in your case, the debug lib exists and thus the wizard is generating warning for release target. It's a warning which wizard throws to inform you that project will not compile successfully as that configuration does not exist in your system.

manutd

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 01:21:00 pm »
The link to the file doesn't work for me. Any other links?

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 01:32:30 pm »
The link I've posted works fine. Anyway alternative link is-

http://www.fileden.com/files/4628/wxwidgets_wizard_Rev6.zip

manutd

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 01:38:38 pm »
Thanks, the linked worked but I am still getting the same errors. How did you compile the wxWidgets library? I first typed:
./configure --enable-optimise --enable-stl --enable-unicode --disable-threads --enable-static --disable-shared --enable-monolithic
Then:
make
And now I'm getting the errors. What else do I need to do?

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 01:55:54 pm »
Generally in Windows I don't use MSYS. I use mingw32-make directly.

Code
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=release SHARED=0 UNICODE=1 MONOLITHIC=1

I think the error is coming due to as if you generate wx lib through configure script the lib path is different. Ignore the warning and prepare your project file with the wizard. Later modify the following lib paths.

After the project is generated, go to Project > Build options, then go to Directories tab and change the $(#wx)\lib\vc_dll\mswu directory in each sub-tabs to something like $(#wx)\lib\msw-unicode-release-static-2.8. Please check the directory as I've never used MSYS to build wx lib.

The project should now compile.

Otherwise download wxPack from http://wxpack.sourceforge.net/. wxPack comes with wxWidgets 2.8.0 libs compiled with GCC and MSVC 7.1 and the modified project wizard will work without any problem with that.

manutd

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 10:03:00 pm »
OK, I download wxPack and got it building, but now it is say it can't find wxmsw26u_gcc.dll. What gives?

Offline rjmyst3

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • wxFormBuilder
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 12:19:25 am »
wxmsw26u_gcc.dll needs to be in your PATH so Windows can find it when you launch your program. The easiest way to do that is to copy it into your program's directory. You should be able to find that dll in $(WXWIN)\lib\gcc_dll.

manutd

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 12:25:09 am »
Thank you! All is now good.