Author Topic: Help with Code::blocks & wxwidgets  (Read 3992 times)

skyfire

Help with Code::blocks & wxwidgets
« on: January 06, 2007, 04:02:59 pm »
Hi,
I have some knowledge of WIN32 application but i want to move up with wxwidgets for the cross-platform purpose.I've knowledge of working with borland C++ but the code block is diffrent than borland. Also I'm having trouble with codeblocks in order to use it with wxwidgets,i dont know how to set compiler with it,write program for it?

I want to write the application with help of wxwidgets.I have downloaded the Code:blocks 1.0RC2 and wxwidgets wxWidgets-2.8.0.Please can anyone give me stepwise instruction on how to configure the code::block for creating the program say hello world mentioned i the wxwidgets websites.

[P.S] :If I downlaod the OpenGL or the QT for windows,then it is possible to write programs using code:;blocks? How?Where to set the codeblock setting for the QT compiler or openGL compiler?

Please help.Thanks in advance.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: Help with Code::blocks & wxwidgets
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 04:30:57 pm »
I want to write the application with help of wxwidgets.I have downloaded the Code:blocks 1.0RC2 and wxwidgets wxWidgets-2.8.0.Please can anyone give me stepwise instruction on how to configure the code::block for creating the program say hello world mentioned i the wxwidgets websites.
By choosing C::B RC2 over a nightly build, you severely limit the amount of help we can give you, and destroy any chance of having any of the various bugs you'll find fixed.

At any rate, it seems to me there was a wxWidgets program template in RC2 that you could use; except, since you have wxWidgets 2.8, you'd have to change the directories and libraries in your Build Options accordingly.

[P.S] :If I downlaod the OpenGL or the QT for windows,then it is possible to write programs using code:;blocks? How?Where to set the codeblock setting for the QT compiler or openGL compiler?
It's rather difficult to set Qt up under RC2; as I recall, you have to change some of the advanced compiler settings. I'm not the one to help with this. For more recent versions, there was a "Qt Workbench" plugin floating around somewhere that would probably be of use. As far as OpenGL goes, there's probably a template or two floating around in RC2 for it; there are various OpenGL project wizards in the nightly builds. (Note: OpenGL doesn't have its own compiler; one uses a standard C/C++ compiler such as MinGW or MSVC.)
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: Help with Code::blocks & wxwidgets
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 05:52:19 pm »
Hi,
I have some knowledge of WIN32 application but i want to move up with wxwidgets for the cross-platform purpose.I've knowledge of working with borland C++ but the code block is diffrent than borland. Also I'm having trouble with codeblocks in order to use it with wxwidgets,i dont know how to set compiler with it,write program for it?

RC 2 is very old. Download a new Nightly build from the following forum.

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?board=20.0

Presently Code::Blocks has one wizard to generate wxWidgets project files. But this works well with GCC and MSVC 6. I am presently working on modifying that. Now the present form of Wizard handles, MSVC 8 and Borland 5.5.1 compiler very well. Download the latest development release from the following post.

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=4768.msg38033#msg38033

To install the wizard and see how it works, please read the following post.

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=4768.0

Please remember that the wizard is not official yet as it needs more testing and feedback. But as far as I have tested it, it works very well. You can use that. Also the new wizard may not work at all with RC2.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.