Author Topic: creating a dll+lib using vc toolkit?  (Read 5350 times)

Matroc

creating a dll+lib using vc toolkit?
« on: June 10, 2005, 10:20:30 pm »
Well, im not that experienced in developing/compiling librarys, but some librarys include only linux makefiles and sometimes dsp files (sometimes only linux makefiles). Since i dont have any vc ide, i cant use the .dsp's (the dsp importing in c::b doesnt work very well either)

so i just wanted to ask if there's a way to build a dll/lib or lib only library using vc tools...

i already tryed to compile wxSQLite (there's only one cpp and one h file).
i created a dll project, loaded both files into it, fixed some minor problems with the code and it compiled, but theres only a dll file created, no lib or def.

the "Create .def exports file" and "create static library too" options in the project preferences dont do anything at all (they're probably only for gcc compilers)...

well i dont know how and if i can use a dll without a lib to create an app using that library

btw. i also tried to create a statically linked library, but that resuled in about 15 mins of 100% cpu usage on the linker and after that redefinition spamming (i abortet that at about 2k warnings...)

i hope i didnt forget something important...

any hints on how to solve these problems?

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 11:18:55 pm »
Maybe using the lib command of the vc tool kit to compile the dll.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 10:25:25 am »
On windows, you must export symbols explicitly for them to appear in a .lib file

Look for __declspec(dllimport) and __declspec(dllexport) on google  :wink: