Author Topic: Development roadmap?  (Read 16673 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Development roadmap?
« on: June 03, 2005, 01:50:04 am »
Which bugs /  features will have to be fixed/added before 1.0 Final (Or at least RC1) ?

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
Re: Development roadmap?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 04:46:36 am »
Quote from: rickg22
bug features

Freudian slip ?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Development roadmap?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 06:29:00 am »
:P corrected.

Offline Profic

• Multiple posting newcomer
Development roadmap?
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 09:29:33 am »
Features:
Possibility to switch off smart Home key in editor?
Possibility to order files in opened-list (in Project tab) or tabs (in new tabbed interface)?

Bugs
Makefile generated by c::b when file belongs to more than one target generates itself warnings about dublicate definition of actions.

This is what I quickly remember after my final switch from Dev-C++ to c::b... Project with many files need too-o-o much time to begin compile....

ADDED:
Remove this orange (or whatever color it would be) highlight of error/warning line after first user action in editor, or by Ctrl+Click by line in "Compiler messages tab". Currently it's no so easy to read this line, as I prefer dark-red for error highlight and use some red for syntax also.

ADDED PS:
However, rickg22, I don't think it was perfect idea to begin this topic, this all should go to sf's bugtracker/feature requester :)
Not fear, nor tears can reach me now, the light seems so clear as the night fades away (c) Tristania - Beyond The Veil

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Development roadmap?
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 11:21:01 am »
Search in files would be very helpfull
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline Profic

• Multiple posting newcomer
Development roadmap?
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 11:50:11 am »
Quote from: mispunt
Search in files would be very helpfull

AFAIR already implemented in CVS :)
Not fear, nor tears can reach me now, the light seems so clear as the night fades away (c) Tristania - Beyond The Veil

Offline Urxae

• Regular
Development roadmap?
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 12:16:32 pm »
Some button to close a tab, so I don't have to do File->Close or put my hands back on the keyboard would be nice. (When browsing code, I like to use my mouse instead of my keyboard)

takeshimiya

Development roadmap?
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 01:19:30 pm »
In order of importance to me:

- Change the behaviour of the click at the breakpoint margin
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1201664&group_id=126998&atid=707419

- Customizable shortcuts (key bindings)
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1201652&group_id=126998&atid=707419

- Go to function with CTRL+click ("Go to Definition" and "Go to declaration" in the context menu also.)
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1212127&group_id=126998&atid=707419

- Some button to close a tab (I suggest doing it exactly like firefox does -an only one close button at the right of all tabs)

- Posibility to disable a key in the keyboard (In the "Customizable shortcuts editor" perhaps. Who uses the INSERT key for example?)

:D

Offline Urxae

• Regular
Development roadmap?
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 04:55:18 pm »
^^^ and what he said

Though:
Quote from: takeshimiya
Who uses the INSERT key for example?

I do :wink:. Comes in quite handy sometimes. If you want it disabled on your computer, I can understand that (I've pressed it by accident a couple times too), but it does have its uses :).

takeshimiya

Development roadmap?
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 05:31:13 pm »
Oh it's great, I thought that nobody uses the insert key other than to overwrite text by accident, you are the first I know then =)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Development roadmap?
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 05:49:14 pm »
ACK! Erm, I meant which of the feature requests ALREDY submitted...
(Yiannis is going to kill me :cry: )

Ok here goes again

Which one of the bug reports or feature requests *ALREADY SUBMITTED* do you consider would have to be fixed/added before we release 1.0-Final?

My objective here is to have some kind of development roadmap so that *WE developers*  can start working on them and speed up the current C::B development.

No need for fancy explanations, just list them.

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Development roadmap?
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 07:19:13 pm »
Quote from: rickg22
ACK! Erm, I meant which of the feature requests ALREDY submitted...
(Yiannis is going to kill me :cry: )

Ok here goes again

Which one of the bug reports or feature requests *ALREADY SUBMITTED* do you consider would have to be fixed/added before we release 1.0-Final?

My objective here is to have some kind of development roadmap so that *WE developers*  can start working on them and speed up the current C::B development.

No need for fancy explanations, just list them.

Quote from: takeshimiya
In order of importance to me:

- Change the behaviour of the click at the breakpoint margin
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1201664&group_id=126998&atid=707419

- Customizable shortcuts (key bindings)
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1201652&group_id=126998&atid=707419

- Go to function with CTRL+click ("Go to Definition" and "Go to declaration" in the context menu also.)
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1212127&group_id=126998&atid=707419

:lol:
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Anonymous

Development roadmap?
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 11:53:41 pm »
RC versions should be polished, so IMHO the highest priority should be given to bugs (especially those that can be reproduced everywhere or causes C::B to crash) or simple requests, that make useful tweaks of what already exists.

Btw. is it just me, or some among open bug submissions report that stability of C::B under various Linux systems suffers a bit?

Anonymous

Development roadmap?
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 11:55:06 pm »
Quote from: Anonymous
RC versions should be polished, so IMHO the highest priority should be given to bugs (especially those that can be reproduced everywhere or causes C::B to die horrible death ;) ) or simple requests, that make useful tweaks of what already exists.

Btw. is it just me, or some among open bug submissions report that stability of C::B under various Linux systems suffers a bit?

Anonymous

Development roadmap?
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005, 04:24:02 am »
Saparate C/C++ switchs or file-specific switchs.