Author Topic: Problem starting CB (Linux)  (Read 3988 times)

Flak

Problem starting CB (Linux)
« on: August 06, 2006, 08:26:31 pm »
Some background info first: I'm using SUSE 10.1, and installed wxGTK and Code::Blocks (SVN trunk) from source using the instructions in the Wiki ("Installing from source on Linux"). I had to install an older version of GCC (4.0.3) to build CB due to the current issues with GCC 4.1 which comes with SUSE by default. So, I was able to build and install everything, but when I try to run CB I get this error:

Code
codeblocks: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u-2.6.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Here's what I get from wx-config:

Code
wx-config --prefix
/opt/wx/2.6

wx-config --libs
-L/opt/wx/2.6/lib -pthread   -L/usr/X11R6/lib  -lwx_gtk2u-2.6

which wx-config
/opt/wx/2.6/bin/wx-config

I also tried adding /opt/wx/2.6/lib to PATH (that's where libwx_gtk2u-2.6.so.0 is) but that didn't help. Any ideas what the problem could be?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 08:31:39 pm by Flak »

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: Problem starting CB (Linux)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 09:32:21 pm »
Try adding /opt/wx/2.6/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH instead of PATH and see if it works.

Another, and permanent,  solution (I've never used SUSE but could work) is to add /opt/wx/2.6/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig (you need to be root).

mdelfede

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 10:13:26 pm »
Another, and permanent,  solution (I've never used SUSE but could work) is to add /opt/wx/2.6/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and then run ldconfig (you need to be root).

yes, that do work, I've done it on SuSe 10.1 too.

Ciao

Max

Flak

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 10:38:50 pm »

Yep that did it. Thanks so much, you guys rock! :D