Author Topic: Problem compiling latest version (0304) from SVN  (Read 7304 times)

Tactive

Problem compiling latest version (0304) from SVN
« on: August 04, 2006, 11:28:22 am »
Hello,
after several issues with the compiler bug I tried to compile CodeBlocks with the 4.0.3
compiler but now it fails with this:

./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:312:26: error: commctrl.h: No such file or directory
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp: In function 'void wxRendererNative_DrawButton(wxWindow*, wxDC&, const wxRect&, int)':
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:357: error: 'wxUxThemeHandle' was not declared in this scope
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:357: error: expected `;' before 'themeHandle'
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:361: error: 'HTHEME' was not declared in this scope
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:361: error: expected `;' before 'hTheme'
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:367: error: 'hTheme' was not declared in this scope
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:375: error: 'tagRECT' was not declared in this scope
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:375: error: expected `;' before 'trect'
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:376: error: 'trect' was not declared in this scope
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:438: error: 'wxUxThemeEngine' has not been declared
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:438: error: 'Get' was not declared in this scope
./src/propgrid/custctrl.cpp:438: error: 'class wxDC' has no member named 'GetHDC'
make[4]: *** [custctrl.lo] Fehler 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/CodeBlocks/src/sdk/propgrid'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/CodeBlocks/src/sdk'
make[2]: *** [all] Fehler 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/CodeBlocks/src/sdk'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/CodeBlocks/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

Seems to have any problems with the wxWidgets library (I'm using wxX11).
Can anyone give me a hint how to fix this?

Tactive

Re: Problem compiling latest version (0304) from SVN
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 05:13:40 pm »
Ok, by moving from wxX11 to wxGTK it seems that I've passed this error.
Unfornately I now get another strange problem while compile the current cb source from svn (Revisions 2816):

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libpthread.so when searching for -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libpthread.a when searching for -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libdl.so when searching for -ldl
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libdl.a when searching for -ldl
/opt/gcc4.0.3/lib/../lib/libstdc++.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [libcodeblocks.la] Fehler 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/codeblocks-2816/src/sdk'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/codeblocks-2816/src/sdk'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/codeblocks-2816/src/sdk'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/codeblocks-2816/src'

What can I do to fix this?

mdelfede

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 06:01:34 pm »
Ok, by moving from wxX11 to wxGTK it seems that I've passed this error.
Unfornately I now get another strange problem while compile the current cb source from svn (Revisions 2816):

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libpthread.so when searching for -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libpthread.a when searching for -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libdl.so when searching for -ldl
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/../lib/libdl.a when searching for -ldl
/opt/gcc4.0.3/lib/../lib/libstdc++.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [libcodeblocks.la] Fehler 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/codeblocks-2816/src/sdk'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/codeblocks-2816/src/sdk'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/codeblocks-2816/src/sdk'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/tactive/Development/compile/codeblocks-2816/src'

What can I do to fix this?

It seems to me that you're mixing tools from GCC4.03 and another (maybe the default one) installed in your system.
Did you read (and follow) the wiki for installing gcc4.0.3 and compiling wit it ?
If no, look at it and follow EXACTLY the instructions.... maybe that will help.

the wiki is here : http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Installing_Code::Blocks_from_source_on_Linux

The important thing to do AFTER installing gcc 4.0.3 is :
Code
export CC=/opt/gcc/4.0.3/gcc403
export CXX=/opt/gcc/4.0.3/g++403
./configure --enable-contrib
make

Ciao

Max
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 06:04:15 pm by mdelfede »

Tactive

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 12:18:46 am »
Did you read (and follow) the wiki for installing gcc4.0.3 and compiling wit it ?

Yes, I followed that instructions. Only difference is that the binary files are placed in
/opt/gcc/4.0.3/bin and not directly in /opt/gcc/4.0.3.

mdelfede

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 12:31:00 pm »

Yes, I followed that instructions. Only difference is that the binary files are placed in
/opt/gcc/4.0.3/bin and not directly in /opt/gcc/4.0.3.

I think we need to know something more about your environment.... OS, gcc original version, ecc ecc....

Tactive

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 12:40:36 am »
I'm using SuSE 10.1 64-Bit OpenSource with GCC 4.10 as original compiler.

To avoid the compiler bug I compiled GCC 4.0.3 with this parameters:
../configure --enable-threads=posix --prefix=/opt/gcc/4.0.3 --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-checking=release --enable-ssp --disable-libssp --enable-gtk-cairo --with-system-zlib --enable-shared --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=new --without-system-libunwind --with-cpu=generic --host=x86_64-suse-linux

sethjackson

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 12:47:01 am »
I'm using SuSE 10.1 64-Bit OpenSource with GCC 4.10 as original compiler.

To avoid the compiler bug I compiled GCC 4.0.3 with this parameters:
../configure --enable-threads=posix --prefix=/opt/gcc/4.0.3 --enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-checking=release --enable-ssp --disable-libssp --enable-gtk-cairo --with-system-zlib --enable-shared --enable-__cxa_atexit --enable-libstdcxx-allocator=new --without-system-libunwind --with-cpu=generic --host=x86_64-suse-linux

Compiler bug? If you were talking about having problems compiling C::B (Squirrel) with GCC 4.1.x it has been fixed in SVN trunk. :)

Tactive

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 01:35:40 am »
I was talking about this bug:

sdk/scripting/sqplus/SqPlusConst.h:281:   instantiated from 'int SqPlus::Call(Callee&, RT (Callee::*)()const, SQVM*, int) [with Callee = CompileOptionsBase, RT = const wxArrayString&]'
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:1315:   instantiated from 'static SQInteger SqPlus::DirectCallInstanceMemberFunction<Callee, Func>::Dispatch(SQVM*) [with Callee = CompileOptionsBase, Func = const wxArrayString& (CompileOptionsBase::*)()const]'
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:1383:   instantiated from 'void SqPlus::sq_pushdirectinstanceclosure(SQVM*, const Callee&, Func, SQUnsignedInteger) [with Callee = CompileOptionsBase, Func = const wxArrayString& (CompileOptionsBase::*)()const]'
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:1467:   instantiated from 'void SqPlus::RegisterInstance(SQVM*, HSQOBJECT, Callee&, Func, const SQChar*) [with Callee = CompileOptionsBase, Func = const wxArrayString& (CompileOptionsBase::*)()const]'
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:1817:   instantiated from 'SqPlus::SQClassDef<TClassType>& SqPlus::SQClassDef<TClassType>::func(Func, const SQChar*) [with Func = const wxArrayString& (CompileOptionsBase::*)()const, TClassType = CompileOptionsBase]'
sdk\scripting\bindings\scriptbindings.cpp:337:   instantiated from here
sdk/scripting/sqplus/SqPlusConst.h:46: error: no matching function for call to 'Push(SQVM*&, const wxArrayString&)'
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:595: note: candidates are: void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, char)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:596: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, unsigned char)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:597: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, short int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:598: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, short unsigned int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:599: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:600: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, unsigned int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:601: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, long int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:602: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, long unsigned int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:603: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, double)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:604: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, float)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:605: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, const SQChar*)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:606: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, const SqPlus::SquirrelNull&)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:607: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, SQInteger (*)(SQVM*))
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:608: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, SqPlus::SQAnything*)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:609: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, SquirrelObject&)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:618: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, bool)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:619: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, const void*)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:620: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, void* const&)

Has it really been fixed now? If so I'll grab the latest version from SVN.

sethjackson

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 02:50:56 am »
I was talking about this bug:

sdk/scripting/sqplus/SqPlusConst.h:281:   instantiated from 'int SqPlus::Call(Callee&, RT (Callee::*)()const, SQVM*, int) [with Callee = CompileOptionsBase, RT = const wxArrayString&]'
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:1315:   instantiated from 'static SQInteger SqPlus::DirectCallInstanceMemberFunction<Callee, Func>::Dispatch(SQVM*) [with Callee = CompileOptionsBase, Func = const wxArrayString& (CompileOptionsBase::*)()const]'
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:1383:   instantiated from 'void SqPlus::sq_pushdirectinstanceclosure(SQVM*, const Callee&, Func, SQUnsignedInteger) [with Callee = CompileOptionsBase, Func = const wxArrayString& (CompileOptionsBase::*)()const]'
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:1467:   instantiated from 'void SqPlus::RegisterInstance(SQVM*, HSQOBJECT, Callee&, Func, const SQChar*) [with Callee = CompileOptionsBase, Func = const wxArrayString& (CompileOptionsBase::*)()const]'
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:1817:   instantiated from 'SqPlus::SQClassDef<TClassType>& SqPlus::SQClassDef<TClassType>::func(Func, const SQChar*) [with Func = const wxArrayString& (CompileOptionsBase::*)()const, TClassType = CompileOptionsBase]'
sdk\scripting\bindings\scriptbindings.cpp:337:   instantiated from here
sdk/scripting/sqplus/SqPlusConst.h:46: error: no matching function for call to 'Push(SQVM*&, const wxArrayString&)'
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:595: note: candidates are: void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, char)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:596: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, unsigned char)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:597: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, short int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:598: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, short unsigned int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:599: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:600: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, unsigned int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:601: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, long int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:602: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, long unsigned int)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:603: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, double)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:604: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, float)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:605: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, const SQChar*)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:606: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, const SqPlus::SquirrelNull&)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:607: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, SQInteger (*)(SQVM*))
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:608: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, SqPlus::SQAnything*)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:609: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, SquirrelObject&)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:618: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, bool)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:619: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, const void*)
sdk/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h:620: note:                 void SqPlus::Push(SQVM*, void* const&)

Has it really been fixed now? If so I'll grab the latest version from SVN.

Yes is has been fixed. :) Look at the commit logs. ;)