Author Topic: New project wizard (Qt)  (Read 19119 times)

sethjackson

New project wizard (Qt)
« on: July 17, 2006, 07:04:18 pm »
Hello. I have created a Qt project wizard.
You will need to apply the patch file, and then copy the two *.png files to the [C::B src]\plugins\scriptedwizard\resources\qt folder.
Please try it out. I don't have Qt on my system so let me know if it doesn't work.
Other than that the only thing that needs fixed is the wizard.png file. It is the generic console *.png. :P

EDIT:

Removed files.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 09:55:29 pm by sethjackson »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: New project wizard (Qt)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 07:51:38 pm »
if it works, please let us know, I will commit it then to svn.
You might always ask Morton to have a look at it, he's a project wizard wiz ;-)

sethjackson

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 08:37:21 pm »
if it works, please let us know, I will commit it then to svn.
You might always ask Morton to have a look at it, he's a project wizard wiz ;-)

Well the script works. I just wanted a few Qt users to test it to make sure I had everything (project) set up correctly. :)
Like I said above though the wizard.png isn't right I just copied the generic console one. :P

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 09:23:47 pm »
Well the script works. I just wanted a few Qt users to test it to make sure I had everything (project) set up correctly. :)
The script works, but you cannot create a QT(4) application with it. There is no "QApplication" path below "/include". I'm not sure qhat you want to verify there but this in fact will never allow to create a valid project. Could you try again, please?
As a hint: There is a MinGW installer version of QT which has a nice image in the installer -> this you could nicely use for the wizard, too. Then please adjust the path/verification process to something meaningful and we are one step further...
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

sethjackson

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 09:43:42 pm »
The script works, but you cannot create a QT(4) application with it. There is no "QApplication" path below "/include". I'm not sure qhat you want to verify there but this in fact will never allow to create a valid project. Could you try again, please?
As a hint: There is a MinGW installer version of QT which has a nice image in the installer -> this you could nicely use for the wizard, too. Then please adjust the path/verification process to something meaningful and we are one step further...
With regards, Morten.

Sure thing wiz man. I Guess the script doesn't work after all. :P

EDIT:

Is Qt Windows only for MinGW?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 09:48:22 pm by sethjackson »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 09:52:00 pm »
The Open Source installer variant seems to be "optimised" (speak: compiled) for/with MinGW which seem to be logic for Open source application development, though. Anyway: The commercial variant supports and integrates into Visual Studio nicely.
Anyway: I'm not a QT developer so all this may be wrong... ;-)
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

sethjackson

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 09:54:30 pm »
The Open Source installer variant seems to be "optimised" (speak: compiled) for/with MinGW which seem to be logic for Open source application development, though. Anyway: The commercial variant supports and integrates into Visual Studio nicely.
Anyway: I'm not a QT developer so all this may be wrong... ;-)

Ok. Thanks for the info. :) I'll upload the revised stuff soon. I'm really not sure what to validate the Qt location against though. :P Hints?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 10:14:48 pm »
I'm really not sure what to validate the Qt location against though. :P Hints?
Hmmm... if I look at you main.cpp I'd say to verify the existence of /include, /include/qt and the main header file "qapplication.h" in that folder. (Which on second thought may be what you had in mind to verify?!).
Nice would be to verify if all thoise libaries the main application will be linked against are really required (I'm thinking of e.g. libQt3Support4 here). This seems to be an aweful lot. Finally you could verify that the main library (libQtCore4 or libqtmain - I really can't tell) is available and issue a descriptive message, if not. Anyway, maybe another (QT experienced) dev could answer this better. Who is the current maintainer of the QTWorkbench plugin? ...a forum search should reveal this... hopefully... ;-)
With regards, Morten.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:16:19 pm by MortenMacFly »

sethjackson

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 10:21:29 pm »
I'm really not sure what to validate the Qt location against though. :P Hints?
Hmmm... if I look at you main.cpp I'd say to verify the existence of /include, /include/qt and the main header file "qapplication.h" in that folder. (Which on second thought may be what you had in mind to verify?!).
Nice would be to verify if all thoise libaries the main application will be linked against are really required (I'm thinking of e.g. libQt3Support4 here). This seems to be an aweful lot. Finally you could verify that the main library (libQtCore4 or libqtmain - I really can't tell) is available and issue a descriptive message, if not. Anyway, maybe another (QT experienced) dev could answer this better. Who is the current maintainer of the QTWorkbench plugin? ...a forum search should reveal this... hopefully... ;-)
With regards, Morten.

Yop was the maintainer I thought...

Anyways new version. Maybe it will work now. :)

Forum won't let me upload. The upload folder is full. :P

Get it here.

EDIT:

Ok I modified the script some more. :)

The project created by the script pretty much mirrors the file-based one. Could someone that uses Qt try this please?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:47:19 pm by sethjackson »

lfm

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 01:51:52 am »
thank you!
two question :
1.for windows, how to apply the patch file?
2.for QT4, no "/include/Qt/ActiveQt" ..., but have "/include/ActiveQt"
about this, please look here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3206.0
additional file is a qt4 project template.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 01:54:53 am by lfm »

sethjackson

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 03:04:27 am »
thank you!
two question :
1.for windows, how to apply the patch file?
2.for QT4, no "/include/Qt/ActiveQt" ..., but have "/include/ActiveQt"
about this, please look here: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=3206.0
additional file is a qt4 project template.

You are welcome. :)

1. Well you would need to check out the SVN sources then apply the patch. The easy way is to go to the share\CodeBlocks\templates\wizard\config.script file and add this in the RegisterWizards function:

Code
RegisterWizard(wizProject,     _T("qt"),           _T("Qt project"),            _T("GUI"));

2. Fixed. Thanks for telling me. :D

Same link as above to download. :)

For completeness here is the link.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:07:32 am by sethjackson »

lfm

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 04:55:22 am »
Sorry, I forgot say that  following dir have same problem:
"/include/Qt/Qt3Support", "/include/Qt/QtAssistant", "/include/Qt/QtCore", "/include/Qt/QtDesigner", "/include/Qt/QtGui", "/include/Qt/QtMotif", "/include/Qt/QtNetwork", "/include/Qt/QtNsPlugin", "/include/Qt/QtOpenGL", "/include/Qt/QtSql", "/include/Qt/QtXml"

And ,please add library: libQtSvg4.a, libQtTest4.a, libQtUiTools.a

lfm

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 06:44:52 am »
There is a console window when run Qt GUI project, I find all GUI project created from script wizard also have this  problem.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 07:19:07 am »
There is a console window when run Qt GUI project, I find all GUI project created from script wizard also have this  problem.
This is not a problem but by design. If you run the "Debug" target it will open a console for you. The "Release" target won't. Now why is this? Because for debugging usually a lot debug messages go to the  console. You wouldn't see them if you wouln't run the application from within a consoe. Thus if you don't like the console just run the "Release" target otherwise you'd better stick with the console - it's helpful! ;-)

sethjackson

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 02:36:22 pm »
Sorry, I forgot say that  following dir have same problem:
"/include/Qt/Qt3Support", "/include/Qt/QtAssistant", "/include/Qt/QtCore", "/include/Qt/QtDesigner", "/include/Qt/QtGui", "/include/Qt/QtMotif", "/include/Qt/QtNetwork", "/include/Qt/QtNsPlugin", "/include/Qt/QtOpenGL", "/include/Qt/QtSql", "/include/Qt/QtXml"

And ,please add library: libQtSvg4.a, libQtTest4.a, libQtUiTools.a

Done. :)

Get it at the same place as before. :)

EDIT:

Morton why does the wizard keep adding Makefile.am to the project (I think it just copies everything from the /files folder no)? How do I fix that?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 02:53:29 pm by sethjackson »