Author Topic: Code Completion Question  (Read 3930 times)

Offline ironhead

• Almost regular
Code Completion Question
« on: July 13, 2006, 03:33:32 pm »
I really like the Code Completion plugin, but I've got a question with respect to function name completion.  If I add a header to a source file (i.e. #include <stdio.h>), functions that are defined in the header are completed automatically (i.e. swprintf) after saving the file (which I assume triggers auto complete to parse the header file).  However, if I exit CB and relaunch it, when I edit the same source file with the same header definition, functions don't complete (i.e. swprintf).  Is this a bug or am I missing something with how code completion works?

Offline ironhead

• Almost regular
Re: Code Completion Question
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 03:56:27 pm »
I've got it figured out.  As soon as I save the file it kicks off the code-completion parser.  Would it be possible to have it kick off on file load (or when the file is displayed in the editor)?  Also, in order to cut down on parsing, would it make sense to store the parser info to a file cache that could be read on load and updated on save?  According to the configuration dialog there was a cache at some point that has been disabled and looks like it's going to be removed.  If you don't mind me asking, what was ther reasoning behind this?