Author Topic: Problems with compiler options and "/Wp64"  (Read 5551 times)

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
    • http://ajonsson.kapsi.fi/
Problems with compiler options and "/Wp64"
« on: July 10, 2006, 06:22:28 pm »
I'm having problems with compiler options and "/Wp64" switch.

I'm using the Windows 2003 Server Platform SDK for testing purposes. When I go to Project - Build options - Compiler tab - Other options tab, add "/Wp64" and click OK, the setting isn't saved.

When I go to review the setting, the Other Options tab is empty.

The same problem is also in the Global Compiler settings.

I'm using Windows x64 Pro and revision 2917.

Arto
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 08:55:08 pm by artoj »

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Problems with compiler options and "/"
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 06:44:30 pm »
ok, I will look into it, I am in the process of fixing other bugs in the comiler options. Just one more to add to the list ;-)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 06:57:57 pm »
I have tried it (starting from project : build option), and this works for me. Also on WinXp Pro 64-bit.

Tried it on rev 2729.

Do you still have this (sample project where it does not work) ?

I have to say, I did the experiment on the gcc compiler.

By the way : can you run CB with gdb on your 64 bit ? On my system GDB crashes :-(

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 07:09:30 pm »
I have tried it (starting from project : build option), and this works for me. Also on WinXp Pro 64-bit.

Tried it on rev 2729.

Do you still have this (sample project where it does not work) ?

Strange. I have the problem in every project I've created. I'll try a more recent nightly.

By the way : can you run CB with gdb on your 64 bit ? On my system GDB crashes :-(

No I don't. What I've read, the MinGW project has no plans to add support for 64-bit Windows.

That's why I downloaded the Platform SDK and I'm trying to integrate it to C::B. I haven't progressed much because the new SDK uses some weird build system. Mainly this is because the SDK supports IA64 (Intel's 64-bit arch), AMD64 (AMD's 64-bit arch, the "standard") and 32-bit programs.

I'm currently trying to port Code::Blocks for 64-bit Windows. After that, I'll try to integrate the 64-bit debugger.

This is starting to get so offtopic that I think I create another thread...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 07:52:51 pm »
I'm using the Windows 2003 Server Platform SDK for testing purposes. When I go to Project - Build options - Compiler tab - Other options tab, add "/Wp64" and click OK, the setting isn't saved.

When you enter a setting in "other compiler options", before saving, it checks if this setting is supported by C::B. If it is, it is removed from "other options" and the relevant option checkbox will be checked next time you enter the compiler options.

Short answer: the setting is not lost. You 'll see that the "warn for 64bit portability issues" (or however it's called :P) option is now enabled.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline artoj

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 08:08:00 pm »
When you enter a setting in "other compiler options", before saving, it checks if this setting is supported by C::B. If it is, it is removed from "other options" and the relevant option checkbox will be checked next time you enter the compiler options.

Short answer: the setting is not lost. You 'll see that the "warn for 64bit portability issues" (or however it's called :P) option is now enabled.

OK, thanks. Could there be a somesort of a notification? It was really weird that the setting just "disapperared". :shock:

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 08:32:41 pm »

OK, thanks. Could there be a somesort of a notification? It was really weird that the setting just "disapperared". :shock:

That depends on how you see it. I see as weird the fact that there exists such an option in C::B but you chose to add it manually. C::B was just so kind as to put it in the right place for you ;)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...