Author Topic: Problems to make GUI application using wxWidget library to work at first time  (Read 6782 times)

studsbr

Hi all. :D

I´m a newbee with code::blocks and I´m having problems to make a GUI
application to work. At once, I´ve looked for references in the web, but I´m not
getting away with it. So, I´m "terrific desperate" looking for somebody to help me.

I proceeded the following steps describes below:

1) I executed "codeblocks-1.0rc2_mingw.exe", installed it in the
   "C:\Arquivos de programas\CodeBlocks" directory.

2) I started the program and choosed "GNU GCC Compiler" like my compiler default.

3) I installed wxWidgets-2.6.3 with "wxMSW-2.6.3-Setup-1.exe" in
   "C:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\" and compiled it using the following commands
   in the DOS command prompt:

Code: dos
set path=C:\Arquivos de programas\CodeBlocks\bin;
   mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1  clean
   mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1

The compiling shows any warnnings but goes at the end and produced the
  following libraries in the "C:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_dll":

libwxexpat.a,
    libwxjpeg.a,
    libwxmsw26u.a,
    libwxpng.a,
    libwxregexu.a,
    libwxtiff.a,
    libwxzlib.a

4) In the code::block program, I created new project using "wxWidget Application"
   template named "teste" in the "C:\desenv\projetos" with the following options:

"Using UNICODE static wxWidget library",  <- Because, I compiling the wxWidget using UNICODE=1
   "Use separate wxApp, wxFrame files"

5) Everything OK until here! So, I decided compling the "teste" application and
   obtained the following message: "ld.exe: cannot find -lwxmswu".
   I know! I know! I know! I forgot change the "project´s build options"->linker->"link libraries".
   I edited the "wxmswu" option, changing it for "C:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_dll\libwxmsw26u.a"
   and try compile again. Now, a lot of problems appeared and I don´t know more what to do:

Project   : wxWidgets application
Compiler  : GNU GCC Compiler (called directly)
Directory : C:\desenv\projetos\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to target: default
Linking executable: C:\desenv\projetos\teste.exe
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0x7de): undefined reference to `wxFrame::SetMenuBar(wxMenuBar*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text+0xf10): undefined reference to `wxFrame::SetMenuBar(wxMenuBar*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN10wxMenuBase6AppendEiRK8wxStringS2_b[wxMenuBase::Append(int, wxString const&, wxString const&, bool)]+0x38): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN14wxMenuItemBase3NewEP6wxMenuiRK8wxStringS4_bS1_'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN18wxAcceleratorArrayD1Ev[wxAcceleratorArray::~wxAcceleratorArray()]+0x16): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11wxBaseArrayD2Ev'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN18wxAcceleratorArrayC1Ev[wxAcceleratorArray::wxAcceleratorArray()]+0xd): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11wxBaseArrayC2Ev'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_Z16wxGetTranslationPKc[wxGetTranslation(char const*)]+0x2c): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8wxLocale9GetStringEPKcS1_'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN8wxStringC1EPKcj[wxString::wxString(char const*, unsigned int)]+0x23): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxString8InitWithEPKcjj'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x14): undefined reference to `wxObject::CopyObject(wxObject&) const'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x24): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::LoadFromResource(wxWindow*, wxString const&, wxResourceTable const*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x28): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::CreateItem(wxItemResource const*, wxItemResource const*, wxResourceTable const*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x2c): undefined reference to `wxFrameBase::Destroy()'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x58): undefined reference to `wxFrame::Show(bool)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x6c): undefined reference to `wxFrameBase::MakeModal(bool)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x84): undefined reference to `wxFrame::RemoveChild(wxWindowBase*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0xa8): undefined reference to `wxWindow::CaptureMouse()'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0xac): undefined reference to `wxWindow::ReleaseMouse()'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0xb4): undefined reference to `wxWindow::Clear()'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x124): undefined reference to `wxFrameBase::DoClientToScreen(int*, int*) const'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x128): undefined reference to `wxFrameBase::DoScreenToClient(int*, int*) const'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x12c): undefined reference to `wxFrame::DoGetPosition(int*, int*) const'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x130): undefined reference to `wxFrame::DoGetSize(int*, int*) const'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x150): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::DoSetClientObject(wxClientData*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x154): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::DoGetClientObject() const'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x158): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::DoSetClientData(void*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x15c): undefined reference to `wxWindowBase::DoGetClientData() const'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x160): undefined reference to `wxWindow::Reparent(wxWindow*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x174): undefined reference to `wxWindow::AdjustForParentClientOrigin(int&, int&, int)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x180): undefined reference to `wxWindow::CreateWindowFromHWND(wxWindow*, unsigned long)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x18c): undefined reference to `wxWindow::MSWOnScroll(int, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned long)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x1a0): undefined reference to `wxWindow::MSWProcessMessage(void**)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x1a4): undefined reference to `wxFrame::MSWTranslateMessage(void**)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x1ac): undefined reference to `wxWindow::OnCtlColor(unsigned long, unsigned long, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, long)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x1b0): undefined reference to `wxFrame::Maximize(bool)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x1b4): undefined reference to `wxFrame::Restore()'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x1b8): undefined reference to `wxFrame::Iconize(bool)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x1bc): undefined reference to `wxFrame::IsMaximized() const'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x1c0): undefined reference to `wxFrame::IsIconized() const'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x1c4): undefined reference to `wxFrame::SetIcon(wxIcon const&)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV7MyFrame[vtable for MyFrame]+0x1c8): undefined reference to `wxFrame::SetMenuBar(wxMenuBar*)'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV14wxMenuItemList[vtable for wxMenuItemList]+0x14): undefined reference to `wxObject::CopyObject(wxObject&) const'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZNK8wxObject12GetClassInfoEv[wxObject::GetClassInfo() const]+0x4): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxObject16sm_classwxObjectE'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN18wxAcceleratorArrayD0Ev[wxAcceleratorArray::~wxAcceleratorArray()]+0x16): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN11wxBaseArrayD2Ev'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN12wxWindowBase7SetNameERK8wxString[wxWindowBase::SetName(wxString const&)]+0x19): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8wxStringaSERKS_'
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZNK7wxFrame12GetClassInfoEv[wxFrame::GetClassInfo() const]+0x4): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN7wxFrame15sm_classwxFrameE'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.text+0x1b2): undefined reference to `_imp__wxTheApp'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.text+0x1e4): undefined reference to `_imp___Z7wxEntryPvS_Pcib'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV5MyApp[vtable for MyApp]+0x14): undefined reference to `wxObject::CopyObject(wxObject&) const'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV5MyApp[vtable for MyApp]+0x38): undefined reference to `wxApp::MainLoop()'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV5MyApp[vtable for MyApp]+0x3c): undefined reference to `wxApp::ExitMainLoop()'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV5MyApp[vtable for MyApp]+0x40): undefined reference to `wxApp::Initialized()'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV5MyApp[vtable for MyApp]+0x44): undefined reference to `wxApp::Pending()'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV5MyApp[vtable for MyApp]+0x48): undefined reference to `wxApp::Dispatch()'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV5MyApp[vtable for MyApp]+0x50): undefined reference to `wxApp::GetStdIcon(int) const'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV5MyApp[vtable for MyApp]+0x58): undefined reference to `wxAppBase::ProcessPendingEvents()'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.rdata$_ZTV5MyApp[vtable for MyApp]+0x64): undefined reference to `wxApp::ProcessMessage(void**)'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.text$_ZN9wxAppBase22SetInitializerFunctionEPFP5wxAppvE[wxAppBase::SetInitializerFunction(wxApp* (*)())]+0x5): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN9wxAppBase11m_appInitFnE'
.objs\app.o:app.cpp:(.text$_ZNK5wxApp12GetClassInfoEv[wxApp::GetClassInfo() const]+0x4): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN5wxApp13sm_classwxAppE'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

The teste.cbp file contain:
Code: xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE Code::Blocks_project_file>
<Code::Blocks_project_file>
<FileVersion major="1" minor="1"/>
<Project>
<Option title="wxWidgets application"/>
<Option makefile="Makefile"/>
<Build>
<Target title="default">
<Option type="0"/>
</Target>
<Environment>
<Variable name="WX_DIR" value="C:\wxWidgets-2.6.2"/>
<Variable name="WX_CFG" value=""/>
</Environment>
</Build>
<Compiler>
<Add option="-pipe"/>
<Add option="-mthreads"/>
<Add option="-Winvalid-pch"/>
<Add option="-include &quot;wx_pch.h&quot;"/>
<Add option="-D__GNUWIN32__"/>
<Add option="-D__WXMSW__"/>
<Add option="-DwxUSE_UNICODE"/>
<Add option="-DUSE_PCH"/>
<Add directory="$(WX_DIR)\include"/>
<Add directory="$(WX_DIR)\lib\gcc_lib$(WX_CFG)\mswu"/>
<Add directory="$(WX_DIR)\contrib\include"/>
</Compiler>
<ResourceCompiler>
<Add directory="$(WX_DIR)\include"/>
</ResourceCompiler>
<Linker>
<Add library="wxmswu"/>
<Add library="winspool"/>
<Add library="winmm"/>
<Add library="shell32"/>
<Add library="comctl32"/>
<Add library="ctl3d32"/>
<Add library="odbc32"/>
<Add library="advapi32"/>
<Add library="wsock32"/>
<Add library="opengl32"/>
<Add library="glu32"/>
<Add library="ole32"/>
<Add library="oleaut32"/>
<Add library="uuid"/>
<Add directory="$(WX_DIR)\lib\gcc_lib$(WX_CFG)"/>
</Linker>
<Unit filename="wx_pch.h">
<Option link="0"/>
<Option weight="0"/>
<Option target="default"/>
</Unit>
</Project>
</Code::Blocks_project_file>

Thanks.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
3) I installed wxWidgets-2.6.3 with "wxMSW-2.6.3-Setup-1.exe" in
   "C:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\"

Code: xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE Code::Blocks_project_file>
<Code::Blocks_project_file>
<Environment>
<Variable name="WX_DIR" value="C:\wxWidgets-2.6.2"/>
</Environment>
This is incompatible. Please setup your WX_DIR correctly and try again.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

studsbr

Hello MortenMacFly,

I made the following changes in the "teste.cbp" file:

Code
<Environment>
        <Variable name="WX_DIR" value="C:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3"/>
</Environment>

and

Code
<Linker>
<Add library="C:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_dll\libwxmsw26u.a"/>...
in substitute of:
<Add library="wxmswu"/>...
</Linker>

I tried compiling and the messages are the same!
I don´t understand what´s happening.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 09:35:14 pm by studsbr »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Ok, we have to go a step further. Please enable full command line logging (look at my sig) and post the new compiler log again. Please do a complete rebuild. The vtable issues could also be the result of mixing debbugging enabled object files together with non-debugging enabled ones.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

studsbr

Morten,

that´s all messages with full command line logging enabled and rebuilding all :

Code
Project   : wxWidgets application
Compiler  : GNU GCC Compiler (called directly)
Directory : C:\desenv\projetos\
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switching to target: default
mingw32-g++.exe   -pipe -mthreads -Winvalid-pch -include "wx_pch.h" -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DUSE_PCH -Wall    -IC:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\include -IC:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_lib\mswu -IC:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\contrib\include  -I"C:\Arquivos de programas\CodeBlocks\include" -c wx_pch.h -o wx_pch.h.gch
mingw32-g++.exe   -pipe -mthreads -Winvalid-pch -include "wx_pch.h" -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DUSE_PCH -Wall    -IC:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\include -IC:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_lib\mswu -IC:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\contrib\include  -I"C:\Arquivos de programas\CodeBlocks\include" -c main.cpp -o .objs\main.o
mingw32-g++.exe   -pipe -mthreads -Winvalid-pch -include "wx_pch.h" -D__GNUWIN32__ -D__WXMSW__ -DwxUSE_UNICODE -DUSE_PCH -Wall    -IC:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\include -IC:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_lib\mswu -IC:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\contrib\include  -I"C:\Arquivos de programas\CodeBlocks\include" -c app.cpp -o .objs\app.o
mingw32-g++.exe   -LC:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_lib  -L"C:\Arquivos de programas\CodeBlocks\lib" -o C:\desenv\projetos\teste.exe .objs\main.o .objs\app.o        C:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_dll\libwxmsw26u.a -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lctl3d32 -lodbc32 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lopengl32 -lglu32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid  -mwindows
Info: resolving wxFrame::sm_eventTable       by linking to __imp___ZN7wxFrame13sm_eventTableE (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxFrameNameStr by linking to __imp__wxFrameNameStr (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxDefaultSize by linking to __imp__wxDefaultSize (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxDefaultPosition by linking to __imp__wxDefaultPosition (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxMenuby linking to __imp___ZTV6wxMenu (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxMenuBaseby linking to __imp___ZTV10wxMenuBase (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxListBaseby linking to __imp___ZTV10wxListBase (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxObjectby linking to __imp___ZTV8wxObject (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxEmptyString by linking to __imp__wxEmptyString (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxFrameby linking to __imp___ZTV7wxFrame (auto-import)
Info: resolving wxStringBase::npos       by linking to __imp___ZN12wxStringBase4nposE (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED by linking to __imp__wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxEVT_NULL by linking to __imp__wxEVT_NULL (auto-import)
Info: resolving vtable for wxwxMenuItemListNodeby linking to __imp___ZTV20wxwxMenuItemListNode (auto-import)
Info: resolving wxAppConsole::ms_appInstance        by linking to __imp___ZN12wxAppConsole14ms_appInstanceE (auto-import)
Info: resolving wxAppConsole::ms_appInitFn        by linking to __imp___ZN12wxAppConsole12ms_appInitFnE (auto-import)
Info: resolving _wxTopLevelWindows by linking to __imp__wxTopLevelWindows (auto-import)
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN6wxMenuC1ERK8wxStringl[wxMenu::wxMenu(wxString const&, long)]+0x5a): variable 'vtable for wxMenu' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN10wxMenuBaseC2ERK8wxStringl[wxMenuBase::wxMenuBase(wxString const&, long)]+0x4c): variable 'vtable for wxMenuBase' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN10wxListBaseC2E9wxKeyType[wxListBase::wxListBase(wxKeyType)]+0x45): variable 'vtable for wxListBase' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN8wxObjectD2Ev[wxObject::~wxObject()]+0xb): variable 'vtable for wxObject' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN8wxObjectC2Ev[wxObject::wxObject()]+0x8): variable 'vtable for wxObject' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN7wxFrameC2EP8wxWindowiRK8wxStringRK7wxPointRK6wxSizelS4_[wxFrame::wxFrame(wxWindow*, int, wxString const&, wxPoint const&, wxSize const&, long, wxString const&)]+0x4c): variable 'vtable for wxFrame' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
.objs\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN20wxwxMenuItemListNodeC1EP10wxListBasePS_S2_P10wxMenuItemRK9wxListKey[wxwxMenuItemListNode::wxwxMenuItemListNode(wxListBase*, wxwxMenuItemListNode*, wxwxMenuItemListNode*, wxMenuItem*, wxListKey const&)]+0x39): variable 'vtable for wxwxMenuItemListNode' can't be auto-imported. Please read the documentation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 23 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

With regards, Studsbr

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Code
mingw32-g++.exe   -LC:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_lib  -L"C:\Arquivos de programas\CodeBlocks\lib" -o C:\desenv\projetos\teste.exe .objs\main.o .objs\app.o        C:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3\lib\gcc_dll\libwxmsw26u.a -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lctl3d32 -lodbc32 -ladvapi32 -lwsock32 -lopengl32 -lglu32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid  -mwindows
What I don't understand: You have references to wxWidgets gcc_lib (the static variant, no DLL -> a stand-alone executable) and gcc_dll (the dynamic, DLL variant). What are your project options? Do you want to use the wxWidgets DLL or do you want to link wxWidgets statically (no DLL required)? What did you chose initially for your project?
In addition: Please try to avoid to provide the libs you'd like to link with directly (with the path). Instead include the directory to the lib to the linker directories and just add "wxmsw26u" in your case.
With regards, Morten.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Sorry, I should have read your first post, there you go:

mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc USE_XRC=1 SHARED=1 MONOLITHIC=1 BUILD=release UNICODE=1

4) In the code::block program, I created new project using "wxWidget Application"
   template named "teste" in the "C:\desenv\projetos" with the following options:
   "Using UNICODE static wxWidget library",  <- Because, I compiling the wxWidget using UNICODE=1
That's wrong. You compiled wxWidgets with SHARED=1 so you need to setup your project to use the shared variant (not static). The UNICODE=1 will trigger the "u" in the library "wxmsw26u". That your linkage did not work was because you were missing to add the "26" to the project options.
With regards, Morten.

Edit: BTW: I saw you are still using RC2. If you use one of the nightlies (see the nightlies forum) than you'll be provided with a very nice wizard that will guide you through the setup of a wxWidgets application and verifies you setup your project correctly.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 05:45:32 pm by MortenMacFly »

studsbr

Hi Morten,

I don´t believe. I´ve got it finally! :D
I tried to compile the wxWidgets-2.6.3 again without "SHARED=1" using:

Code
mingw32-make -f makefile.gcc BUILD=release UNICODE=1 MONOLITHIC=1

After the wxWidgets compiling finished, I try to compile
my application again and I obtained many others error messages.
Poor me!  :(

However, after a long prayer, a light fall in me  :shock:. So,

a) I moved all my wxWidget directory (C:\desenv\wxWidgets-2.6.3)
    to root (C:\wxWidgets-2.6.3)
b) I created a new application using the wxWidget template with the
   options: "Using UNICODE static wxWidgets library" and "Use separete wxApp,
   wxFrames files"
c) I made "WX_DIR=C:\wxWidgets-2.6.3" and I changed the link library "wxmswu" to
   "wxmsw26u"
d) and so, I compiled this application.

I did´t belive what I saw  8)

Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

and the application run normally. :lol:

Here I finished.

Thanks a lot for your help, Morten.

With regards, Studsbr ":^)´