Author Topic: Codeblock does not want to start... Suse 10  (Read 7673 times)

c64zottel

Codeblock does not want to start... Suse 10
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:50:47 pm »
Hello,

I tried to install Codeblocks, the newest version.

After my fought with configure script, the compiling runs fine. But when i try to run codeblocks i got the this msg:

linux:~ # codeblocks Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.The library used 2.6 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4),and wxNet used 2.6 (no debug,ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4).Abgebrochen
linux:~ #

Im using Suse 10, normal system, nothing in special.

Muito Obrigado...

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Codeblock does not want to start... Suse 10
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 05:04:33 pm »
2.6 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4)
2.6 (no debug,ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4)

This is quite strange  :shock:
All libraries have to be either Unicode, or ANSI, you can't mix those two. I wonder how you managed to get them both installed/mixed though... RPM shouldn't allow you to.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

c64zottel

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 07:32:23 pm »
Hi,

The codeblock was compiled, but i had some problems, because the config.status script was build in dos style.

Ok, in the last days, i did the folowing:
I uninstalled the Suse RPMs wxGtk, wxWindow, compat-wxGtk...
then i compiled the downloaded packages ( wxGtk, wxWindow ) with unicode
but he interrupted, and told me that there is a shared lib missing,
but when i watched ldconfig -v | grep libwxgtku-xrs-2.6 ( something like that ) appears.
I am not in front of my computer, so next time i will put here some traces...

But is there someone how had had the same problems?

Or any ideas?

Thanks a lot...

cu...

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 11:40:43 pm »
2.6 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4)
2.6 (no debug,ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.4)

This is quite strange  :shock:
All libraries have to be either Unicode, or ANSI, you can't mix those two. I wonder how you managed to get them both installed/mixed though... RPM shouldn't allow you to.
Getting them installed is no problem, there are two packages, which don't conflict (libs with unicode have a "u" in the name). But mixing them in one build is really strange  :lol:

I didn't run codeblocks on suse for a longer time (and also have no build atm), but you don't have to recompile wxGTK.

Try to build it once more with the original suse 10.0 wxGTK packages (wxGTK, wxGTK-compat, wxGTK-devel, wxGTK-gl). If it doesn't run again, post the configure command line, please.

I'm building codeblocks on suse to be able to test this.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 11:46:23 pm by daniel2000 »
Nightly builds for openSUSE

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 11:27:41 am »
The codeblock was compiled, but i had some problems, because the config.status script was build in dos style.
This means that you are using a version that is 8 months old (unless someone messed with it of late by accident). Since you're building from source anyway, this makes no sense, you should rather use current sources.
svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk  will get you there.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 12:17:10 pm »
This means that you are using a version that is 8 months old (unless someone messed with it of late by accident). Since you're building from source anyway, this makes no sense, you should rather use current sources.
svn checkout svn://svn.berlios.de/codeblocks/trunk  will get you there.
Oh, I overread this significant line  :shock:

compat-wxGtk sounds as if it's a Fedora package. Don't use packages from other distributions, sometimes it works, but most time they are in some way incompatible!!!

I will build contrib plugins and then upload my suse 10.0 build (rev2509, yesterday's nightly build) as rpm package. I'll post the download link here.

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 04:27:07 pm »
File uploaded to savefile.com: http://www.savefile.com/files/5856206

It's with contrib plugins, but without wxsmith (it doesn't build, if pch is disabled and was just a quick build ;) ). You have to reinstall the official wxGTK packages to use it.

c64zottel

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 03:47:57 pm »
Ok,

When this msg appears, then I can only post, less lines then I wanted before...

c64zottel

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 03:51:51 pm »
Hello,

ok, I added the outputs, but I have only a Notepad on this machine, hope thats ok.

Thanks a lot for your help...

cu...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TheTuxKeeper

• Regular
  • daniel2000
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 04:07:27 pm »
Hello,

ok, I added the outputs, but I have only a Notepad on this machine, hope thats ok.

Thanks a lot for your help...

cu...
The problem you have is that RC2 needs wxGTK 2.4 but you have wxGTK 2.6 installed! There is no wxGTK 2.4 package for suse since suse 9.0.

Uninstall your self-compiled wxGTK and install the suse packages. Then try the nightly build I compiled (it's only two days old :) ) and posted above. ;)

Like thomas said RC2 is 8 months old. So use a nightly, you won't regret it :D

c64zottel

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 07:21:17 pm »
Thanks,

I will follow your advice.

And I am downloading via svn the codeblocks sources. But, its yet around more than 400 mb, is it necessary to by a new hard disk? :)

Thanks again...

cu...

c64zottel

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 07:24:28 pm »
Ah,

shit, i am an idiot, forgot the trunk directory, now i have also the hole codeblocks history :)

nice...

c64zottel

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 07:21:28 pm »
Hello,

thanks a lot,

after downloading and installing the newest version from the the svn server it works fine.

It's really a nice tool.

cu...