Author Topic: Adding support for gcc compiler  (Read 4908 times)

BotoxBoy

Adding support for gcc compiler
« on: May 09, 2006, 06:57:02 pm »
Hi,

so firstly I looked at a nightly build of codeblocks from a few days ago, I've been vaguely following the project with interest and it's really amazing how well it's going (and how far it's come since RC2).

anyhow I'd like to add support for a new target (as I understand it compiler support is compiled into codeblocks rather than being setup through a plugin) the compiler/debugger I'm using is GCC/GDB, but it's GCC for an embedded platform (the exe's have all been renamed).

this all shouldn't be terribly hard, but I want to develop with a fairly recent build (since RC2 wont open our visual studio project), on the home page I saw the link to the CVS sources, but when i clicked on it it said that CVS access had been turned off.

All I really want is read access to the sources, I wont be needing direct write access, is this possible, have I missed something ???

thanks
-BotoxBoy

Offline yop

• Regular
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: Adding support for gcc compiler
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 07:13:44 pm »
...anyhow I'd like to add support for a new target (as I understand it compiler support is compiled into codeblocks rather than being setup through a plugin) the compiler/debugger I'm using is GCC/GDB, but it's GCC for an embedded platform (the exe's have all been renamed)....

All you should need to do is change the executables in the compiler settings. Settings -> Compiler and debugger settings, Global compiler settings, Programs tab. More advanced changes are also available through Advanced options on the Other tab.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)