Author Topic: Code::blocks on Mac OS X  (Read 5096 times)

Maddi

Code::blocks on Mac OS X
« on: April 27, 2006, 03:26:55 pm »
Hi to all of you,

We ( our company ) got the mission to port our application to Intel Mac OS X 10.x. Since Xcode is a mess for people used to visual studio, we tried to use code::blocks. Unfortunatly neither the rc2 nor the svn code compiles under OSX, there are a load of not Mac compatible lines in the code. Im already trying to fix them, but there are so much, I don't expect this to work in the end. So I would like to ask all of you, if you either
* Have a working Binary that you could share with me
* Know of a svn revision number that works on Mac ( at the moment the berlios svn is unreachable, so I can't test this myself

If you could help me, I would be very glad.

Thanks in advance,
Marcus

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Code::blocks on Mac OS X
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 03:36:12 pm »
Read this topic.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!

Maddi

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:47:04 am »
Both these entrys don't have working binaries (at least not for Intel Mac), neither do they supply a way to compile codeblocks correctly. But it slowly begins to look as if its simply not possible to use codeblocks on Mac ?!

Kind regards,
Marcus

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 11:53:53 am »
Both these entrys don't have working binaries (at least not for Intel Mac), neither do they supply a way to compile codeblocks correctly. But it slowly begins to look as if its simply not possible to use codeblocks on Mac ?!

The link proposed by Pecan is hepful for building C::B on Mac. What is wrong with it :??

You can always try to compile C::B by yourself from the SVN sources :). If you will have problems and/or questions, you can always post them.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 01:23:24 am »
I have added some basic Universal Binary info to the Wiki, and there will be some more once the new binary build for Mac OS X 10.4 (X86/PPC) has been done.

It does require some hand-holding, but I don't think it should be impossible to build. I am doing two builds (both on a PPC Mac), and then merging them with "lipo".