Author Topic: cant find headers ?  (Read 3344 times)

Matti

cant find headers ?
« on: April 24, 2006, 10:37:53 pm »
Hi

I am new with Code::Blocks, and have a problem what i can not  solve.

Window$ XP service pack1,
I have installed  1.0rc2,  couldnt make it work..
then i deleted  1.0rc2,  downloaded copied nightly build to same directory.

CodeBlocks nightly build Apr 2 2006... wx2.6.2 Windows, i dowwnloaded compiled files.
i have both, unicode and ansi,  dont know what difference it makes...
MinGw, mingw32-gcc-3.4.4
gdb-6.3-2
wxWidgets 2.6.3, i compiled them as adwised in http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Nightly_Cookbook

compiling and debuging console app works well.
But when I try to start with gui app it does not work.
I have tried different wx and wxSmith apps with
different choices in new form template wizard,
different options in project and build options,

clobal variable wx is set to point C:\Programs\wxWidgets where widgets are located.
CodeBlocks is located C:\Programs\CodeBlocks
and MinGw & debugger C:\Programs\MinGW,
so there is no white space in any relevant path.
i have checked path and gone through windows registry(i really hate it) searching CodeBlocks, MinGw and wxWidgets

error messages depending on choices i have done,  but are quite similar.
#       error "wxUSE_DYNLIB_CLASS must be defined."
#       error "wxUSE_EXCEPTIONS must be defined."
and so on.

So  it looks  that copiler canot find header files and/or libraries. I have no idea what to  do.

thanks in advance :D

matti

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: cant find headers ?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 10:51:04 pm »
Although it's unclear from your post whether or not everything truly is set up according to the directions, here are a few suggestions.
  • Did you leave the results of the wxWidgets compilation exactly as they were created? In other words, do you have "wxWidgets\lib\gcc_dll\*.a,*.dll" and "wxWidgets\lib\gcc_dll\mswu\wx\setup.h"?
  • In your C::B project using wxWidgets, are the compiler and linker paths set correctly? Your compiler paths must at least include "$(#WX.include)" (wxWidgets\include) and "$(#WX.lib)\gcc_dll\mswu" (where #WX.lib is wxWidgets\lib). Your linker paths must at least include "$(#WX.lib)\gcc_dll".
  • Are the correct #defines included? For a standard unicode project using a monolithic dll (just like Code::Blocks itself), you must have __WXMSW__, WXUSINGDLL, HAVE_W32API_H, and wxUSE_UNICODE under your #defines

All this is correctly set up for you if you follow the cookbook to the letter and leave the settings exactly as the wxWidgets template creates them. You can also read a bunch more of related troubleshooting information at this topic.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)