Author Topic: cc1plus.exe: out of memory allocating 8184040 bytes  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Dp-Rst

• Multiple posting newcomer
cc1plus.exe: out of memory allocating 8184040 bytes
« on: December 12, 2023, 08:49:22 pm »
Hello,

I have been working on a codeblocks project for a long long time and today had a random issue where my new build and run didn't display the changes I'd made to the project.

After a little troubleshooting it was clear it was just running the last successful build from a few weeks prior. So I removed it from the bin folder and tried again to build a new .exe, then I got this error

cc1plus.exe: out of memory allocating 8184040 bytes
Process terminated with status 1 (1 minute(s), 1 second(s))

Any help would be appreciated as I cannot figure out how to get this running again and I'm afraid of the project being lost.

Cheers

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: cc1plus.exe: out of memory allocating 8184040 bytes
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2023, 08:52:42 pm »
https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28general%29#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR WORK.

1. Do a rebuild
2. If that does not get rid of the error; try building without some of the compiler options.
3. If that does not fix the issue, install a different compiler tool chain. And, change CB to use it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 10:45:51 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Dp-Rst

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: cc1plus.exe: out of memory allocating 8184040 bytes
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 10:22:51 pm »
Sorry for the late reply here, been sick for a few days!

I appreciate your fast reply!

I removed a recent small patch of code I added and managed to get it to build again, but it's really strange I tried leaving a small bit of new code that was literally just cout << text << endl; and even that still wouldn't build due to the memory issue