Author Topic: how print on Debugger tab?  (Read 1450 times)

Offline cambalinho

• Multiple posting newcomer
how print on Debugger tab?
« on: November 12, 2023, 03:08:41 pm »
can  i print on Debugger tab?
like just:
Code
Debug.print (varname);

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: how print on Debugger tab?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2023, 07:16:09 pm »
can  i print on Debugger tab?
like just:
Code
Debug.print (varname);

Only if your accessing it from within CB code or a CB plugin.
Code
    LogManager* pLogMgr = Manager::Get()->GetLogManager();
    pLogMgr->LogError("This is an error msg in red");
    pLogMgr->Log("This is NOT an error msg");

Offline cambalinho

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2023, 07:29:29 pm »
 don't have that plug in, i think

Online Commaster

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2023, 11:32:30 pm »
don't have that plug in, i think

You can only use this approach is you are modifying the code of Code::Blocks itself or creating a new Code::Blocks plugin.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 06:33:45 am »
@cambalinho

Please do not send me personal messages asking for help that you should be researching yourself.

Start by asking an AI instead.
Code

Default (GPT-3.5)

User
How do I start coding a plugin for CodeBlocks?

ChatGPT
Creating a plugin for Code::Blocks involves several steps. Code::Blocks is an open-source, cross-platform IDE (Integrated Development Environment) that supports multiple compilers, making it a flexible choice for development. Here's a general guide to get you started:

Understand Code::Blocks Architecture:
Familiarize yourself with Code::Blocks and its plugin architecture. Understand how plugins are structured and how they integrate with the IDE.

Set Up Development Environment:
Make sure you have Code::Blocks installed on your system. You'll also need a C++ compiler, as Code::Blocks plugins are typically written in C++.

Create a New Project:
Start by creating a new Code::Blocks project for your plugin. This project will contain the necessary files and settings for your plugin.

Include Code::Blocks SDK:
Code::Blocks provides an SDK (Software Development Kit) that you'll need to include in your project. This SDK contains headers and libraries necessary for developing plugins. Make sure to configure your project to include these.

Implement Plugin Code:
Begin coding your plugin. Create classes and functions to handle the functionality you want your plugin to provide. For example, if you're creating a syntax highlighting plugin, you'll need to implement functions to handle the parsing and highlighting of code.

Handle Events:
Code::Blocks plugins often interact with events triggered by the IDE. Implement event handlers to respond to specific events, such as opening a file or building a project.

Build and Test:
Build your plugin and test it within the Code::Blocks environment. Make sure it behaves as expected and doesn't introduce any errors or crashes.

Debugging:
Use Code::Blocks' debugging features to identify and fix any issues in your plugin. Debugging is an essential part of the development process.

Documentation:
Document your code and provide instructions for users who might want to install and use your plugin. This could include a README file with setup instructions and usage details.

Publish and Share:
Once your plugin is stable and tested, consider sharing it with the Code::Blocks community. You can publish it on forums, GitHub, or other platforms where Code::Blocks users can discover and download it.

Stay Informed:
Keep an eye on Code::Blocks updates and changes in the SDK. Periodically check the Code::Blocks community forums or documentation for any new guidelines or best practices.

Remember that this is a high-level overview, and the specifics may vary based on the type of plugin you're creating. Refer to the Code::Blocks documentation and community resources for more detailed information and support.

User
Does CodeBlocks have a Wiki explaining plugins?

ChatGPT
As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, Code::Blocks has a wiki that provides documentation and information about various aspects of the IDE, including plugins. However, the availability and content of the wiki may change over time.

To find the most up-to-date information on creating plugins for Code::Blocks, I recommend checking the official Code::Blocks website and its associated documentation or community resources. Here are the steps you can take:

Code::Blocks Website:
Visit the official Code::Blocks website at https://www.codeblocks.org/. Look for a "Documentation" or "Wiki" section. The documentation may include information on creating plugins and plugin development.

Code::Blocks Forums:
Check the Code::Blocks forums or community discussion boards. The forums often have sections dedicated to development topics, including plugin development. Users and developers may share their experiences and provide guidance.

GitHub Repository:
Code::Blocks is an open-source project, and its source code is hosted on GitHub. You can explore the Code::Blocks GitHub repository (https://github.com/obfuscated/codeblocks) to find additional documentation, examples, or discussions related to plugin development.

Online Searches:
Use search engines to look for specific guides, tutorials, or forum threads related to Code::Blocks plugin development. Community-contributed content on blogs or other platforms might also provide valuable insights.

Keep in mind that the information may have changed since my last update, and new resources may have been added. If you encounter difficulties or have specific questions, consider reaching out to the Code::Blocks community through forums or other communication channels for assistance.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2023, 06:17:34 pm »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org