Author Topic: Debug Report popup message then crash  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Boboshmix

• Single posting newcomer
Debug Report popup message then crash
« on: October 25, 2023, 08:31:34 pm »
Hello,

I am using code::blocks on Mac and I'm programming a game in SFML. There is several specific cases where a popup appears like in the screenshot attached and freezes my program. Pressing Ok or Cancel does nothing but crash code::blocks. One way to make the popup appear is by writing Texture backgroundTexture; followed by backgroundTexture.loadFromFile - and then it freezes - before I can write the full
backgroundTexture.loadFromFile("graphics/background.png");. The other way I can make the "debug report" appear is by pressing Settings > Scripting, and again, same thing. I have code completion turned off because otherwise grey squares appear instead of actual code completion (Seems to be a Mac issue).

I have read other people's reports where this has happened and have tried to both rename and remove cbKeyBinder10.ini, cbKeyBinder10.ini.bak, and default.conf inside ~/Library/Application Support/codeblocks and no change has worked. Whatever I do to them is insignificant because they are remade again if the program starts without them and my changes remain there with no success.

If anyone knows how I could fix this issue (because I literally cannot move forward), I would gladly appreciate it.

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 11:58:20 pm by Boboshmix »

Offline HiramWindler

• Single posting newcomer
    • getting over it
Re: Debug Report popup message then crash
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 12:09:17 pm »
It seems that the current version does not have the feature to store information after reopening the file. Please wait for the new update. :(

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Debug Report popup message then crash
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 12:11:43 pm »
Profile spammer.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 02:34:46 pm by Miguel Gimenez »