Author Topic: Building Code::Blocks on Fedora  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Krice

• Almost regular
Building Code::Blocks on Fedora
« on: August 14, 2023, 08:37:41 am »
Trying to build latest release of C::B (I think it's 20.03 or something like that) on Fedora, but configure fails on 'gamin' library. I did install wxwidgets and also builddeps from package manager which I guess "should" have everything you need, but it stops at gamin. Seems like Fedora at some point did have gamin and gamin-devel as a package, but it no longer has it. Do I try to compile gamin from the source code or is there something else I could do?

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Building Code::Blocks on Fedora
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 12:48:26 pm »
You can use this guide for Arch.
We can not use the FileManager plugin because of the missing gamin library

Offline SharkCZ

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 03:14:26 pm »
You can find the latest nightly build at https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/sharkcz/danny/ and Fedora 38 has been released with somewhat older snapshot (20230124) with https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/codeblocks/blob/rawhide/f/codeblocks.spec being the current spec files describing the builds deps and build process.
Code::Blocks package maintainer for Fedora and EPEL

Offline SharkCZ

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 03:58:56 pm »
I believe you need a nightly build to be able to build C::B on recent Fedoras, 20.03 is too old and not compatible ...

Offline Krice

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 10:53:55 am »
I believe you need a nightly build to be able to build C::B on recent Fedoras, 20.03 is too old and not compatible ...

I guess, because while configure now works when you exclude FileManager, it doesn't compile but stops when trying to register wx-stuff at scripting. Then again, wxwidgets could be wrong version or something. I'm starting to think that compiling some of these bigger projects on Linux could be harder than in Windows?

Offline SharkCZ

• Almost regular
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2023, 06:54:42 pm »
IIRC FileManager plugin is disabled due the missing gamin (removed in F-34), and the reason for nightly is wxWidgets 3.2 in F>=38 I think ...