Author Topic: Wizard for mingw64 13.1.0 behaves stangely when creating new console project  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
After downloading and installing nightly 13318, including code for mingw64 13.1.0, I observe the following messages when trying to create a new console project. The 4 messages individually state that the wizard for this new compiler cannot define warning, debug, optimization or exception flags on this computer. Am using Windows 10 (64 bit). The management pane shows the project files being created. The release and debug modules compile and run correctly. This behavior just started with mingw64 13.1.0. Never had this happen in previous compilers. After exiting and restarting C::B, I cannot find the new project even though the files had been created and are in the specified directory. The management pane only contains 'workspace'.

Any idea why this new compiler is behaving like this?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Please specify OS, and where you installed CodeBlocks, and where you installed Mingw.

Is it possible you installed into a directory for which you do not have write permissions? Like a windows folder?

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
Windows Home (64 bit) is the operating system.
C:\Mingw64 is the directory where the mingw64 13.1.0 compiler was installed.
C:\CB13318 is the directory where C::B was installed.
I have admin privileges for the entire platform!

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Would you please post the build log withing code tags (the # button above the reply rectangle) so can better analyze the problem.

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
Build Debug:

Code
-------------- Build: Debug in HW2 (compiler: GNU GCC 13.1.0 Mingw64 Compiler)---------------

g++.exe  -IC:\msys64\mingw64\include -c C:\Sandbox1\HW2\main.cpp -o obj\Debug\main.o
g++.exe -LC:\msys64\mingw64\lib -o bin\Debug\HW2.exe obj\Debug\main.o   
Output file is bin\Debug\HW2.exe with size 58.76 KB
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 15 second(s))
0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 15 second(s))

Run Debug:

Code
-------------- Run: Debug in HW2 (compiler: GNU GCC 13.1.0 Mingw64 Compiler)---------------

Checking for existence: C:\Sandbox1\HW2\bin\Debug\HW2.exe
Set variable: PATH=.;C:\Mingw64\bin;C:\Mingw64;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.36.32532\bin\Hostx64\x64;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCPackages;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\TestWindow;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\TeamFoundation\Team Explorer;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Roslyn;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\Team Tools\Performance Tools\x64;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\Team Tools\Performance Tools;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v10.0A\bin\NETFX 4.8 Tools\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.22621.0\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x64;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\amd64;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\Common7\IDE;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\Common7\Tools;c:\Mingw64\bin;C:\boost;C:\CB13318;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows\System32\wbem;c:\wxwidgets-3.2.2.1;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH;C:\Program Files\Python310;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\TXE Components\TCS;C:\Program Files\Intel\TXE Components\TCS;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\VirtualFile;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\VirtualFile64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\FileProtector;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\FileProtector64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI;C:\Program Files\PowerShell\7-preview\preview;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.34.31933\bin\Hostx64\x64;C:\Program Files\Zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Silverfrost\FTN95;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\dotnet;C:\Temp;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 8.0\bin;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Shell 8.0\bin;C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Scripts;C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311;C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Programs\Microsoft VS Code\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\Llvm\x64\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\CMake\CMake\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\CMake\Ninja;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\Linux\bin\ConnectionManagerExe
Executing: "C:\CB13318/cb_console_runner.exe" "C:\Sandbox1\HW2\bin\Debug\HW2.exe"  (in C:\Sandbox1\HW2\.)
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 36 second(s))

Hopefully this gives you information as to what the problem is?

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
... I observe the following messages when trying to create a new console project. The 4 messages individually state that the wizard for this new compiler cannot define warning, debug, optimization or exception flags on this computer. ...

I do not see any msgs in the logs relating to the mentioned errors (quoted above).

When and where are you getting those errors?
Can you paste them here in the forum.
When do they occur?
Please quote the error message exactly so we can look them up within the source code.

Two guesses (for now).
1) cb_console_runner.exe might have an error.
2) All those reference to Visual Studio in the path are confusing some code.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 07:21:15 pm by Pecan »

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
The attached files show snippets of creating a new console project. They occur after you select finish while creating the project. Could only attach 2 snippets even though I had at least 10[/img]

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
The build logs conflicts with each other!

Is your MINGW-w64 installation in "C:\msys64" or is it in "C:\Mingw64"?

Trying to use both at the same time will likely result in weird errors!

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Frank_CB

• Almost regular
The mingw64 version released with the last couple night-lies was placed in C:\Mingw64. I've removed all other GNU/GCC Compilers on the platform.

Since I haven't dealt with C::B anytime during the past 6 months, I'll just have to learn to drive it again! Those messages from the Wizard are just warnings. The projects were built. I found the missing projects. They were never missing.

Offline maxcy

• Multiple posting newcomer
I also installed the latest compiler in the C minGW64 folder and had problems. One of the things that did help a lot was to go and look at the path environment variable. I had 4 minGWs in the path since other IDEs were installed and each had their own version! Your current path to the bin directory should be at the end of the path.  Not good! Cut and paste this path and put it in the front of path! You can also cut out all the other paths to the various minGW/bin folders as they are useless.  You don't need the bin folder in CB since you will be using the installed bin folder via the path. I deleted it, but first renamed it just in case. Going into the CB directory from the command window type in "g++ --version". If you see the version info, you are using the g++ that you just installed via the path.  Then you have to make sure the CB is pointing to this  new folder for the compiler.  It can't be the old one since I renamed the bin folder, so it must be the new compiler.  syd / wt1v