Author Topic: codeblocks in fedora37 doesn't load plugins and doesn't recognize compilers  (Read 1853 times)

Offline pagr

• Single posting newcomer
Hi , I installed codeblocks by 'sudo dnf install codeblocks' in Fedora37 (the fedora is updated).
While opening the codeblocks application I see that no plugins are loaded (attached the log from the buttom pannel tab).
Also, the application doesn't recognize compilers which I think i caused by the first problem.
Could you please help to solve this . let me know what info I should provide. I attache the log I see when opening UI and also default.conf file , snapshots for 'Manage Plugins' and Settings/Compiler windows
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/lib64:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib/

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Did you try to install the codeblocks-contrib package?

https://packages.fedoraproject.org/pkgs/codeblocks/codeblocks-contrib/

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
I would suggest renaming or deleting the "default.conf"; Do this when the Codeblocks program is closed.

The "default.conf" file was very short; and, please do *not* post binary files with the .log extension without stating that they are binary files!

Edit: Code::Blocks re-creates the "default.conf" when it is missing; so, deleting or renaming the file should result in a fresh file.

Tim S.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 07:21:20 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline pagr

• Single posting newcomer
Hi, thank you for your response. I've installed now the codeblocks-contrib. The problem remains, when open from Activities (by codeblocks icon) there is a bottom tab's log saying about load plugins problem. (attached codeblocks.log.gz) .
The difference now:  if I open codeblocks by the command in terminal there is stdout output with Gdk-CRITICAL failure messages . maybe it could direct the cause?
codeblocks
Starting Code::Blocks Release 20.03  rev 11997 Jul 20 2022, 00:00:00 - wx3.0.5 - gcc 12.1.1 (Linux, unicode) - 64 bit
Manager initialized
Initialize EditColourSet .....
Initialize EditColourSet: done.
Loading menubar...
Gdk-Message: 12:09:50.964: Window 0x55f3a43c3080 is a temporary window without parent, application will not be able to position it on screen.
Loading toolbar...
Initializing plugins...
Gdk-Message: 12:10:08.082: Window 0x55f3a42af3a0 is a temporary window without parent, application will not be able to position it on screen.

(codeblocks:118311): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 12:10:08.086: gdk_wayland_window_handle_configure_popup: assertion 'impl->transient_for' failed
Gdk-Message: 12:10:13.211: Window 0x55f3a36a31f0 is a temporary window without parent, application will not be able to position it on screen.

(codeblocks:118311): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 12:10:13.217: gdk_wayland_window_handle_configure_popup: assertion 'impl->transient_for' failed

The steps done are:
1. sudo dnf remove codeblocks
2. mv  /home/user/.config/codeblocks/default.conf /home/user/.config/codeblocks/default.conf_bak
3. sudo dnf install codeblocks-contrib
   sudo dnf install codeblocks
4. Output for '-contrib'
   Installed packages:
   codeblocks-contrib.x86_64 20.03-14.fc37
5. output for 'sudo dnf install codeblocks'
   Installed Packages
   codeblocks.x86_64 20.03-14.fc37