Author Topic: Default save location  (Read 11442 times)

PDEE

Default save location
« on: February 24, 2006, 01:56:22 pm »
Hi, i think code::blocks is fantastic but i am having a small problem. I have looked all over the forums for an answer  How do i set code::blocks to save all my files in a default location instead of asking me where to save the files everytime. I put all my files in Documents and settings in a folder set aside for code::blocks, but it keeps trying to put them in the code::blocks folder inside program files (where code::blocks is installed). It's only a small problem but there must be a way to alter this is there? I can't find any way to do it in options.

Version 1.0 revision 2061 (gcc 3.4.4 Windows/unicode, build: Feb 22 2006 16:56:26) --- My version i'm using and also windows XP.

Many thanks and i hope code::blocks gets bigger and better.

PDEE

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Default save location
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 02:11:18 pm »
well normally, your source files are being part of a project.
The new project templates allow you to specify a preferred directory, where all projects will be created, normally a subdir per project, and in that dir you save your sources (or even in a subdir at that position).

Example :
 D:\MyProjects\Project1
 with source files saved at (when I save them the first time)
 D:\MyProjects\Project1\src

PDEE

Re: Default save location
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 02:30:36 pm »
Thanks killerbot, i have only been using it for a few days. Still finding things out. I was just clicking on new file in the tool bar  :lol:.

Thanks PDEE