User forums > Nightly builds

The 11 May 2021 build (12446) is out.

<< < (4/8) > >>

nenin:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on May 15, 2021, 11:37:31 am ---
--- Quote from: nenin on May 15, 2021, 08:29:52 am ---I got first RPT (see attachment) on close C::B after usage with new project.

--- End quote ---
Steps to reproduce?
Does it happen every time?
Does it happen with older night builds?

--- End quote ---
It was like this:
I  installed this build in clear folder.
I opened some old project to check is everything OK- it looks OK  (compiler recognition, default settings, etc.)
I started new console project, work with it for some time (few hours) including debug sessions, than I did "Save all" and on exit and it generated RPT.
I did not tried to reproduce it in 100%, simple tests like create project- debug- "save all"- close C::B - does not lead to crash on exit.
With last few years nighties I did not face such problem.
I`m on Win7 64b, gcc- winlibs 10.2 32b, gdb: GNU gdb (ssbssa-1) 10.1.90.20201024-git

oBFusCATed:
@nenin: We need something that is more reproducible in order to fix the problem. It seems something somewhere is corrupting memory, but where - hard to tell. Please lets us know if this persists or the frequency of the crashes increases.

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: eckard_klotz on May 16, 2021, 10:52:16 am ---Yesterday I have tried out your new nightly 12446 from May the 11th. The latest version I used was a self build SVN 12240 from December 2020

--- End quote ---
1. Can you try to find the night build which changed behaviour?
2. What is the exact command line you use to start CB?

nenin:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on May 16, 2021, 11:19:24 am ---@nenin: We need something that is more reproducible in order to fix the problem. It seems something somewhere is corrupting memory, but where - hard to tell. Please lets us know if this persists or the frequency of the crashes increases.

--- End quote ---
Of course.

gd_on:
@eckard_klotz

--- Quote ---If you compare both build-reports you will see that the binaries called for the compilation are different

The new nightly calls : mingw32-g++.exe
    The old nightly calls : x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++.exe

--- End quote ---
Why did you change that ? May be an installer (or Auto-detect) has done this for you, but you can revert this.
In a standard tdm-64 installation, mingw32-g++.exe does not exist, but x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++.exe (or simply g++.exe which is the same executable) exists. If you want to use the same compiler version as previously, the same configuration path should work. Take care of the order in your path variable !
So, may be you have an other mingw32 in your path, a 32 bits one, so this can give such problem.
This is just a supposition ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version