User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Undefined reference (SOLVED)

<< < (3/4) > >>

jury:

--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on May 11, 2021, 09:04:40 am ---this is strange... have you installed python 2.7?

--- End quote ---

Yes. I have python2.7-devel installed fine. When building this project from command line it finds python2.7 and the build process goes OK.

--- Quote from: stahta01 on May 11, 2021, 03:19:10 pm ---Why is it that nearly every [NEW] poster posts from "Build Messages" instead of "Build Log"?

--- End quote ---

I do not understand this. What I have presented is "Build Log". I clicked "Build log" tab in Code::Blocks, then pressed Ctrl-a and from right-button menu I selected "Copy selection to clipboard".

stahta01:

--- Quote from: jury on May 12, 2021, 10:57:05 pm ---
--- Quote from: BlueHazzard on May 11, 2021, 09:04:40 am ---this is strange... have you installed python 2.7?

--- End quote ---

Yes. I have python2.7-devel installed fine. When building this project from command line it finds python2.7 and the build process goes OK.

--- Quote from: stahta01 on May 11, 2021, 03:19:10 pm ---Why is it that nearly every [NEW] poster posts from "Build Messages" instead of "Build Log"?

--- End quote ---

I do not understand this. What I have presented is "Build Log". I clicked "Build log" tab in Code::Blocks, then pressed Ctrl-a and from right-button menu I selected "Copy selection to clipboard".

--- End quote ---

You are likely right; I do not use cmake.

I just notice you are using "make" in the one that work and "/usr/bin/gmake" in the one that fails.
Could this be the cause?
What is the full path to "make"? Could you try to set that as the CB make path?

Tim S.

jury:

--- Quote from: stahta01 on May 13, 2021, 12:03:19 am ---I just notice you are using "make" in the one that work and "/usr/bin/gmake" in the one that fails.
Could this be the cause?
What is the full path to "make"? Could you try to set that as the CB make path?

--- End quote ---

Thanks for suggestion.
Full path to "make" is /usr/bin/make.
And as I could not find where to set path to "make" in Code::Blocks (except Settings->Compiler->Toolchain executables, which has no effect for cmake builds as I've learned from this thread) so I decided to do some trick:
- move "gmake" somewhere else for a while
- create symbolic link named "qmake" pointing to "make"
- try to build the project in CB
And to my surprise when I checked this "qmake", its nothing else than the symbolic link to "make" :(

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: jury on May 14, 2021, 10:00:48 pm ---And as I could not find where to set path to "make" ...

--- End quote ---
Project -> Build options -> your target -> "Make" commands.
But this is done by cmake and they should already be correct.
It doesn't hurt if you double check them of course.

jury:

--- Quote from: oBFusCATed on May 14, 2021, 10:13:24 pm ---Project -> Build options -> your target -> "Make" commands.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version