Author Topic: How to quickly find a function using keyboard shortcuts  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Ken_SF

• Single posting newcomer
How to quickly find a function using keyboard shortcuts
« on: September 28, 2020, 08:43:31 pm »
Hi,  I am new to the forum.  I am using Code::Blocks 17.12 and am relatively new to C++.

I recall a feature I used to use with Classic Visual Basic (vb6) where the IDE would jump to a function if I pressed a specific function key while my mouse was over code that referenced the function.  Is there a similar feature in Code::Blocks?  If not, I vote to add this functionality; it was very useful when I used VB6.

Example:  Say I have a function called SomeFunction(); that is called in int main().  I'd like to position my mouse over the text 'SomeFunction();' while in main(), press a shortcut key (say a function key) and have the IDE magically take me to the place where the function is defined in the program.

Can this be done using Code::Blocks.

BTW: Thanks to all of the current and past Code::Blocks developers. I like the product.

Ken

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: How to quickly find a function using keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 08:55:47 pm »
These are the commands in the menu:
Search -> Goto declaration
Search -> Goto implementation

Next to them are the keyboard shortcuts.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Ken_SF

• Single posting newcomer
Re: How to quickly find a function using keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 10:09:57 pm »
Perfect.

Thank you.

Ken