Author Topic: Troubles with SVN buildings in FC4.  (Read 3541 times)

Offline Baluarte

• Multiple posting newcomer
Troubles with SVN buildings in FC4.
« on: February 19, 2006, 12:13:51 am »

Hi!

Codeblocks is amazing. I can' wait to install the SVN versions. It's a shared feeling. True?

Until now I din´t had had relevant troubles. But. Suddenly,  I´m unable to build any new SVN version...and neither the old versions. The SVN versions are ok. I´m sure.

The error message in detail:

compilersettingsdlg.o(.text+0x24a): In function `CompilerSettingsDlg::UpdateList bookImages()':
/home/baluarte/Aplicaciones/codeblocksSVN/Nuevo/trunk/src/src/compilersettingsdl g.cpp:146: undefined reference to `GetSettingsIconsStyle(wxListCtrl*)'
compilersettingsdlg.o(.text+0x1350): In function `CompilerSettingsDlg::CompilerS ettingsDlg(wxWindow*)':
/home/baluarte/Aplicaciones/codeblocksSVN/Nuevo/trunk/src/src/compilersettingsdl g.cpp:52: undefined reference to `SetSettingsIconsStyle(wxListCtrl*, SettingsIco nsStyle)'
compilersettingsdlg.o(.text+0x16e0): In function `CompilerSettingsDlg::CompilerS ettingsDlg(wxWindow*)':
/home/baluarte/Aplicaciones/codeblocksSVN/Nuevo/trunk/src/src/compilersettingsdl g.cpp:52: undefined reference to `SetSettingsIconsStyle(wxListCtrl*, SettingsIco nsStyle)'
environmentsettingsdlg.o(.text+0xcd): In function `EnvironmentSettingsDlg::OnSet tingsIconsSize(wxCommandEvent&)':
/home/baluarte/Aplicaciones/codeblocksSVN/Nuevo/trunk/src/src/environmentsetting sdlg.cpp:304: undefined reference to `SetSettingsIconsStyle(wxListCtrl*, Setting sIconsStyle)'
environmentsettingsdlg.o(.text+0x31a): In function `EnvironmentSettingsDlg::Upda teListbookImages()':
/home/baluarte/Aplicaciones/codeblocksSVN/Nuevo/trunk/src/src/environmentsetting sdlg.cpp:234: undefined reference to `GetSettingsIconsStyle(wxListCtrl*)'
environmentsettingsdlg.o(.text+0x1478): In function `EnvironmentSettingsDlg::Env ironmentSettingsDlg(wxWindow*, wxDockArt*)':
/home/baluarte/Aplicaciones/codeblocksSVN/Nuevo/trunk/src/src/environmentsetting sdlg.cpp:88: undefined reference to `SetSettingsIconsStyle(wxListCtrl*, Settings IconsStyle)'
environmentsettingsdlg.o(.text+0x3a98): In function `EnvironmentSettingsDlg::Env ironmentSettingsDlg(wxWindow*, wxDockArt*)':
/home/baluarte/Aplicaciones/codeblocksSVN/Nuevo/trunk/src/src/environmentsetting sdlg.cpp:88: undefined reference to `SetSettingsIconsStyle(wxListCtrl*, Settings IconsStyle)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [codeblocks] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/baluarte/Aplicaciones/codeblocksSVN/Nuevo/trun k/src/src'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/baluarte/Aplicaciones/codeblocksSVN/Nuevo/trun k/src/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/baluarte/Aplicaciones/codeblocksSVN/Nuevo/trun k/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I know the problem is mine (and only mine). I suspected the wxWidgets Library... but I have uninstalled, re-built and installed  wxwidgets 2.6.2 (and wxwidgets 2.6.3 RC1 too)...and it was futile. The ./bootstrap and ./configure routines for codeblocks seem normal.

Actually I resigned . But the trouble have spread to different machines...and I fear the my project integrity will be affected. Nowdays I work with different SVN Codeblocks in several Linux and Windows.

I have a very updated FC4 distribution (gcc-4.02 and so on). Any little idea to test?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my terrible english!

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Troubles with SVN buildings in FC4.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 08:30:48 am »
For some reason, you 're linking to the globally installed libcodeblocks.so (probably in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib). Run a "make uninstall" before building the sources and it should be OK.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: Troubles with SVN buildings in FC4.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 04:17:42 pm »
Codeblocks is amazing. I can' wait to install the SVN versions. It's a shared feeling. True?

Yes, it is a shared feeling :D.

Best wishes,
Michael