Author Topic: Problems in debugging with C::B/GDB 6.3.2  (Read 3407 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Problems in debugging with C::B/GDB 6.3.2
« on: February 10, 2006, 08:51:39 pm »
Hello,

I have several problems in debugging my application by using C::B and the GDB 6.3.2. My application was developed under Visual Studio .NET 2003 and makes use of wxWidgets (even if it is just a console application) :). GCC 4.1.0 is a much more strict compiler and I have had to rework my code, especially the part concerning wxString. Now it builds, but it crashes. So, I would like to know what is wrong. Therefore, I have tried to debug it. I have put a breakpoint in my main method and start debugging. The first problem is that C::B opens files like e.g., iostream instead of continuing with my file (and I use Step over and not Step into). It also goes inside dlsl as e.g., msvrct.dll, wxmsw26u_gcc_cb.dll. The problem is that I cannot go out the dll. And finally my application crashes.

Is there a solution to avoid that the debugger goes to header files, dlls without being explicitely asked to do so?

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: Problems in debugging with C::B/GDB 6.3.2
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 09:14:09 pm »
And also sometimes C::B rev1972 crashes. Most of the time I have to kill it and no RPT report is generated. Anyway, one time a RPT was generated (attached to this post).

The funny thing is that, I got something like this in the RPT (and for sometime even by building my application :?):

004573A8  C:\Programme\Resource\C++\CodeBlocks_devel\codeblocks.exe:004573A8  main  d:/src/mingw/build/runtime/../../runtime/main.c:73

The problem is that I do not have an hardisk d, but just c. d is my DVD/CD writer. And MinGW is installed in c:\Programme\MinGW.

Michael

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 09:26:10 pm by Michael »