Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

wxSmith and the Style woes of the future.

<< < (2/5) > >>

oBFusCATed:
So many words, but you've failed to tell me how to test your patch.  :-\

p.s. Also how do you compile your wx, because I've compiled against current wx-master and everything builds fine.

ouch:
It's not that it doesn't compile, it's that you get an assert popup every time an old style is used now. (Except for wxNO_BORDER for some reason)

Testing the patch is easy, before you apply it though. Build codeblocks against the latest trunk of wxwidgets and leave the debug asserts on. (I actually don't touch the settings in setup.h I leave them as default) Go into any codeblocks project with a .wxs layout, click on a control and try to change the border. You will get a bunch of invalid border style assert popups. Your style will also not be applied.

Now apply the patch and rebuild codeblocks, once again go find a project containing a .wxs click on a control and change it's border. The popups will be gone and the control will get the border you selected applied.

The wxsmith generated code/xrc will also have the new style listed instead of the old one as well.

I also believe I saw this popup when certain codeblocks windows get loaded. Although I don't remember which. But if you apply the second patch those will go away too.

oBFusCATed:
I can't reproduce this.
What are the compile options of your wx installation?
Are you disabling some compatibility option?

ouch:
mingw32-make -j6 -f makefile.gcc MONOLITHIC=0 SHARED=0 LDFLAGS="-Wl,--allow-multiple-definition" BUILD=release

my setup.h is attached.

Compiled with:

mingw64: i686-8.1.0-posix-sjlj-rt_v6-rev0 on win 7 pro from a command line batch file.

oBFusCATed:
Hm, probably it is something happening only on windows.
Can you post a backtrace from the assert dialog?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version