Author Topic: Burnt out...  (Read 12399 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Burnt out...
« on: January 29, 2006, 06:20:42 am »
Sorry guys, i really have overworked myself trying to fix these segfaults, and it's very hard when my machine doesn't have hyperthreading. I have underlept, overworked, etc, so I'm taking some vacations.

If someone can volunteer to fix the mess i've left, he's welcome to do so. Good luck!

Idea to consider: Have one global parser per workspace, not per project. I sent Yiannis a PM of what we could do to improve CC...

See you soon!

P.S. Yiannis, you might consider rolling back the cbThreadPool to before i started changing it...

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: Burnt out...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 06:53:54 am »
Have a nice vacations then :)

My processor has HT but I don't have the time to check that plugin. I could try the changes made to it at night (GMT-5:00) except tuesday and thursday (I get back from college really tired those days). I could also try it sometimes saturday and sunday all day.

I really want to see that plugin fully using my CPU, and stop segfaulting that much.

If any changes that still need to be tested are made, please PM/e-mail me so I can try them ASAP.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
VERY IMPORTANT!!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 04:48:27 pm »
whatever you do to change cbThreadPool, do not touch the Abort changes i did. Without them all threads will keep running - that was the reason for the slowdown at shutdown.

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 08:22:26 pm »
This code needs to be removed though. Windows programs aren't allowed to call Kill(). The Windows Application Verifier halts the program with a message saying this call should not be made.

Code: cpp
                if(thread->IsRunning())
                    thread->Kill();
                break;
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 03:46:10 am »
Well, remember that "SHOULD" != "MUST"...

And if the program's well-coded, it "shouldn't" happen anyway :)

Ok, I'm off now... maybe tomorrow i'll feel in the mood to update the critical sections back to static ones. If i don't, somebody please do it - it's a simple S&R and adding a variable.