Author Topic: Codeblocks just builds and never runs the program  (Read 2369 times)

Offline dipsi

• Single posting newcomer
Codeblocks just builds and never runs the program
« on: February 06, 2017, 03:00:46 am »
I am pretty new to codeblocks so i am probably doing some stupid mistake. I am using codeblocks on ubuntu for debugging my C code.

However I cannot manage to run my C program in codeblocks. So sofar I have loaded an external makefile (in Project--Properties), have  linked an external library. The program gets the link of an input file as an input so i added it under Project - set programs arugments and added /home/Docs/input.txt.

Now when I press run, first of all codeblocks always tells me the project has not have been build and then builts it, does not return any mistakes in the build.log tab:

Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

but however never runs the program..

I also tried to put some breakpoints and run it and just checked the output, I get one red output "Invalid manifest file for: wxsSmithPlot" but however all the other outputs seem to be normal to me
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:09:15 am by dipsi »

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Codeblocks just builds and never runs the program
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 02:04:53 pm »
i don't know how this works with custom make files but you will have to set your output file (your executable) in Project->Properties->Build targets->Output filename because if you use a custom make file codeblocks does not know where your output file is and how to execute it...