Author Topic: Trouble running a compiled from source codeblocks  (Read 2545 times)

Offline teto

• Almost regular
Trouble running a compiled from source codeblocks
« on: March 27, 2016, 03:11:53 pm »
Hi,

After meeting some bugs few months ago, I tried with success to install from source. Recently  (~1/2 days ago) I updated the source
to revision 92874bb9cdbc2600c926139743622f441f5e5871:
I did a make clean (not a git clean) and after installation I got:

Code
ASSERT INFO:
../src/generic/imaglist.cpp(66): assert "(bitmap.GetWidth() >= m_width && bitmap.GetHeight() == m_height) || (m_width == 0 && m_height == 0)" failed in Add(): invalid bitmap size in wxImageList: this might work on this platform but definitely won't under Windows.

BACKTRACE:
[1] wxGenericImageList::Add(wxBitmap const&)
[2] wxsAutoResourceTreeImage::wxsAutoResourceTreeImage(wxBitmap const&, bool)
[3] dlopen
[4] wxDynamicLibrary::RawLoad(wxString const&, int)
[5] wxDynamicLibrary::Load(wxString const&, int)
[6] PluginManager::LoadPlugin(wxString const&)
[7] PluginManager::ScanForPlugins(wxString const&)
[8] MainFrame::ScanForPlugins() /mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/src/src/main.cpp:1202
[9] MainFrame::MainFrame(wxWindow*) /mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/src/src/main.cpp:630
[10] wxUpdateUIEvent::SetUpdateInterval(long) /usr/local/include/wx-3.1/wx/event.h:2689
[11] CodeBlocksApp::OnInit() /mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/src/src/app.cpp:698
[12] wxEntry(int&, wchar_t**)
[13] wxEntry(int&, char**)
[14] main /mnt/ntfs/teto/codeblocks_sf/src/src/app.cpp:322
[15] __libc_start_main
[16] _start

I don't know the code, I just do make && make install. I wonder if there was an idea to fix this ? I understand you can't support non developers using source in which case I will just downgrade a bit to a nightly that works.
Btw I am on Ubuntu.

Regards
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 03:14:51 pm by teto »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Trouble running a compiled from source codeblocks
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 04:06:59 pm »
Have you removed the old build before doing make install?
Most of the time such issues happen when you are mixing old and new files.
The best approach is to use ./configure --prefix=<something non default> and before doing make install to delete the whole prefix folder.

Also if you're not working on codeblocks you can make deb packages. It is not that hard.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline teto

• Almost regular
Re: Trouble running a compiled from source codeblocks
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 06:19:22 pm »
That's the first thing I thought of and checked I had no .deb that could interfere. It seemed ok but  the --prefix test solved it.
I've had longstanding problems with the display but they are unrelated to codeblocks and are more likely wxwidgets related, I need to take some time to get cb compiling with wxwidgets